batsbrew
thanks!

2018/03/23 14:37:58
BassDaddy
Thanks Lars
2018/03/23 14:41:26
TheMaartian
Good news!

The fix for Scheps Omni Channel failing after update (delete the "Waves Audio" folder) also fixed Studio One's failure to find the Waves Licensing Engine (until I ran Reaper and then reran SO).

Back on track!

[OK, pun intended.]
2018/03/23 21:51:46
MCi
TheMaartian
Good news!

The fix for Scheps Omni Channel failing after update (delete the "Waves Audio" folder) also fixed Studio One's failure to find the Waves Licensing Engine (until I ran Reaper and then reran SO).

Back on track!

[OK, pun intended.]

Hi, so you are saying that you had to run one DAW for the other DAW to work? I find this very interesting and shows how peculiar sometimes software can be.
2018/03/23 22:32:28
TheMaartian
MCi
TheMaartian
Good news!

Back on track!

[OK, pun intended.]

Hi, so you are saying that you had to run one DAW for the other DAW to work? I find this very interesting and shows how peculiar sometimes software can be.

Studio One would work just fine...as long as I didn't want to use any Waves plugins. Weren't visible. I could restart SO any number of times, but same error (couldn't find the licensing engine). One time, a decided to try Reaper after several failed attempts, to see if it had the same problem. Nope. Went back and tried SO. It found the licensing engine.

Had to have something to do with the cache in the Waves Audio folder. Deleting that fixed several things. Caching may make some things faster, but there's clearly a defect somewhere.
2018/03/24 01:55:34
Jeff Evans
If you did the very last Scheps Omni Channel update you would have got this new license manager update automatically.   Checking this again for me revealed no available updates. Omni is working super well inside Studio One now too. 
2018/03/24 14:09:50
TheMaartian
The License Manager update came a bit (less than 48 hours) after the last SOC update. SOC borked, so I kept running Waves Central hoping for an update (not yet knowing about deleting the "Waves Audio" folder). That's when I got a separate update for the Licensing Engine. And that's when I started having the issue when starting up Studio One for the first time in the morning.

Amazing that "clearing the cache" fixed both problems!

Which will now become my Emergency Repair Procedure #1

Spacehunter

Ship's android

Spacehunter: Wake up! Wake up!
Android: What?
Spacehunter: Comms are down.
Android: What did you do?
Spacehunter: Applied Emergency Repair Procedure #1
Android: You kicked it.
Spacehunter: Yeah.
2018/03/28 03:31:31
Jesse G
Done!!!
2018/03/29 12:11:38
Mesh
Regarding Waves Update Plan (which I've never done before), it shows in my Waves account that I have version 9.2.0 on all my Waves plugins and I haven't done this latest license manager update yet.

Anyway, it shows on a couple of plugins that my Waves Update Plan ended in Dec of 2017. Should I pay and update for 1 year or stay with version 9.2.0 as that seems to be the most current? Will I be missing out on anything for those 2 plugins?   
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account