2018/03/28 02:46:51
1sttenr
Hi i have sonar Artist my problem is i can no longer get my program to find my Midi Hardware, it only gives me a yellow track that say on( in) none - Virtual controller(out) GS wave table Synth no hardware.am i missing something. up till 2days ago everthing has been working fine please help.
2018/03/28 20:09:34
bitflipper
SONAR doesn't actually "find" hardware, it asks Windows for a list. Which means that if your device isn't listed, it's because Windows doesn't know about it. There are several reasons why that might be, such as a missing or corrupt driver, but the most likely reason is that the interface is no longer communicating with Windows. Sometimes, it's as simple as a USB cable that's broken, not plugged in or that got bumped.

Is your MIDI interface part of an external combination MIDI/audio interface, an internal interface, or a USB connection?

Do you have more than one MIDI controller, e.g. a second keyboard, that you can test to make sure it's not the controller? If it's a USB connection to an external controller, try moving it to another USB port. If it's plugged into a USB hub, try moving it to a port on the computer. Also try another cable if you have one.

Bear in mind that you may have to reboot after each thing you try, in order for Windows to see the interface.

2018/03/28 20:15:28
Jim Roseberry
If the MIDI interface isn't listed in Device Manager, as far as Windows is concerned... it doesn't exist.
If the interface is listed (in Device Manager) with a yellow exclamation mark, the driver needs loaded.
It's also possible the driver is corrupt (needs uninstalled/reinstalled).

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account