2015/06/06 14:50:36
Geo524
This update hasn't fixed a damn thing from what I can see and it will probably be a month before we even see another update. I just want what I paid for to work the way it should. Updates I do for my other DAWS, Plugins, VSTi's, etc... don't break anything why is it so with Cakewalk products? Omnisphere 2, even after the latest updates doesn't work right in Sonar yet it works perfectly in 2 other DAWS. EZdrummer has issues with routing in Sonar yet there are no problems with it when I use it elsewhere. What is Cakewalk doing or not doing? FIX RAPTURE PRO and STOP releasing 1/2 baked software CAKE!! Take your time and make sure your products work as advertised!! I want what I paid for!!
2015/06/06 15:20:26
Doktor Avalanche
Can you give me the full name of at least one preset that does not work and where is is?
I haven't fully tested it all yet but Rap Pro library seems to work for me.

For me Maschine standalone was experiencing stuck notes issue in the old version, so far in testing I am unable to reproduce this again in the new version (so fingers crossed hopefully it is fixed).

Maschine standalone does white out when running Rap Pro for the first time in (it comes back later). Whilst this is harmless it is very annoying.

I suggest doing a VST reset + rescan as explained here (note not just a rescan!):
https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013315/SONAR-X3-Full-VST-Rescan-Recommended-for-Upgraders

Thanks...
2015/06/06 15:32:51
Doktor Avalanche
OK I spoke too soon..... just had a stuck note issue in Maschine.  Just happened once though, seems harder to reproduce. Still recommend a VST reset though, and please give us the name of at least one silent preset.
2015/06/06 15:41:12
Geo524
I'm not in the studio now but I will write down a few of the presets from each Rap Pro bank and post them later this evening. I haven't even checked the legacy libraries yet and I'm not sure I want to at this point or Cakewalk might become my worst enemy at this point and I don't want that. I'll also try the reset and rescan. I'll try almost anything at this point. I just want it to work. right now it's as if I took $79.00 and just tossed it out the window.

Thanks for the help and advice. I really appreciate it.
2015/06/06 16:12:44
Geo524
Well things get more interesting by the minute. Rapture now takes forever to load and crashes Sonar at least 2 times before it finally does load. Great fix Cakewalk. Glad you guys are on the ball and know what you're doing. Class act for sure... Well I have nothing better to do than to try and figure out what the bakers can not accomplish so I'll just see what happens next! 
2015/06/06 16:24:58
Doktor Avalanche
Crashing in Standalone or VST?
Did you do the VST reset?
Give us examples of the missing samples. Let me see if I can repro. Ta.
You are using the 64 bit version?
2015/06/06 16:27:35
Geo524
Finally. 3rd time is a charm. Lol. Okay. Here are just a few samples that aren't playing even though it clearly shows they are loaded. 

Orchestral Stacks
-Build up more tension
-Build tension
-Big mixed choir
-Baroque N Dreams
- and many others although some do play?

Woodwinds
-Full Winds and most others as well

Doing a reset and rescan now so we'll see what happens after. Always an adventure and not a good one.
2015/06/06 16:30:34
Doktor Avalanche
I can confirm these are all working for me just fine (standalone running 64 bit/44.1).
Looks like you need to uninstall/reinstall the Rapture Pro Library.
2015/06/06 16:50:41
Geo524
I did the reset + rescan and so far Rap Pro is loading faster and not crashing Sonar. I don't want to speak to soon though. I probably just got lucky. However. The samples are still not playing. Some do, some don't. It's anyone's guess. I've come to discover that with Cakewalk I'll just have to live with what works and what doesn't and hope for the best. Cake seems a little handi-capped when it comes to fixing things from what I've seen over the years. Mostly through 3rd party experiences but some of my own as well. Something else always seems to get broken in the process. Thankfully at least Rapture Pro loads (so far anyway) without crashing Sonar. That too might change. It's not all bad though... I paid for software that works 1/2 of the time and nothing even close to what I saw advertised. I guess I should be grateful that at least Sonar itself has always been pretty good for me and I am thankful that at least Rapture and DP still work. Perhaps R-Pro will also be fixed at some point...

2015/06/06 16:53:09
Geo524
Thanks for checking it out and I'm glad it's working for you. This is extremely frustrating. I also run 64 bit/44.1? Ok. I'll try the uninstall/reinstall...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account