2015/06/06 19:52:22
aeigens
Its not useable on mac because it stays in demo mode and I do have a license. It does not authorise through CC no matter what Ive tried for a month and thats contacting support as well. I'll keep Rapture Pro with CA-2A - trashed . Both voided due to protection smarts that f's the product for valid customers. This all relates to mac. I give up on it.
2015/06/06 20:48:57
Geo524
gswitz
Geo524
Did you uninstall the libraries first or just reinstall them? 

Yes. I went through everything and uninstalled and re-installed. It sounds silly.

Cakewalk Support
To completely remove Rapture Pro from your computer and reinstall it, follow the steps below:Run the Rapture Pro uninstaller. This is normally done from the Cakewalk Command Center. Open the Command Center, right-click on Rapture Pro and select Uninstall.If Command Center is not installed, Rapture Pro can be uninstalled from the Control Panel in Windows under Programs and Features. After the uninstall completes, open the Run Prompt by holding down the “Windows” key and pressing “R” on the keyboard.At the Prompt, type regedit and click [OK].Click [Yes] if asked to allow the program to make changes to your computer.**Important: When accessing the Registry Editor, create a backup by going to File | Export. In the Export Registry File window that appears, verify the “Export range” is set to “All” and “Save as type” is set to “Registration Files (*.reg)”. It is important to create a backup of the registry- there is no undo function if an incorrect value is deleted. Any changes made can be reversed by simply double-clicking the backup .reg file to import your previous settings. If this is required, re-import your backup prior to restarting your computer.

After backing up your Registry, delete the following registry key. Delete the last folder in the chain of these keys by right-clicking on it and selecting "delete".For 64-bit installations of Rapture Pro:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro

For 32-bit installations of Rapture Pro:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture ProNext, highlight the following folder in the Registry Editor:For 64-bit installations:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cakewalk Music SoftwareFor 32-bit installations:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music SoftwareIn the right-hand pane, right-click the value SampleDataDir and choose delete.

At this point you can reinstall Rapture Pro from the Cakewalk Command Center (recommended), or by downloading the installer(s) from your Cakewalk Account.This should eliminate any software irregularities that are causing your problem. If you continue to run into issues after following the steps above, please let me know.

I manually uninstalled every component as well and re-installed. This made a big difference for me.

I'll give this a try. Thanks again.
2015/06/06 21:28:52
Doktor Avalanche
One of the fixes I noticed...

"Rapture Pro installer now receives custom VST paths from Cakewalk Command Center"

It didn't work for me...!

I notice after install in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\VST2DLL Path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\VST3DLL Path

... were pointing to the wrong paths so I corrected them. Hopefully next time we (hopefully) will get a patch it will (hopefully) work.

Also special bonus registry issue here.

(Usual "don't try this at home kids" restrictions apply, fiddle with the registry at your risk).
2015/06/06 21:35:47
paulevs
Doktor Avalanche
One of the fixes I noticed...

"Rapture Pro installer now receives custom VST paths from Cakewalk Command Center"

It didn't work for me...!

I notice after install in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\VST2DLL Path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\VST3DLL Path

... were pointing to the wrong paths so I corrected them. Hopefully next time we (hopefully) will get a patch it will (hopefully) work.

Also special bonus registry issue here.

(Usual "don't try this at home kids" restrictions apply, fiddle with the registry at your risk).

I question that they even did anything in the update, it's probably just a new installer with nothing changed. Just to buy them some more time.
2015/06/06 21:59:09
Geo524
aeigens
Its not useable on mac because it stays in demo mode and I do have a license. It does not authorise through CC no matter what Ive tried for a month and thats contacting support as well. I'll keep Rapture Pro with CA-2A - trashed . Both voided due to protection smarts that f's the product for valid customers. This all relates to mac. I give up on it.

Man!! That's just not right. I hope Cakewalk gets it together.
2015/06/06 23:10:44
Geo524
No go here with Rapture Pro. I uninstalled and then reinstalled R-Pro. the samples are still not playing. It's back to taking forever to load and crashing Sonar Platinum. What I can't stand about Cakewalk are the fragments of files it leaves behind and the process of having to delete them from the registry. I will be emailing support.
2015/06/06 23:23:17
Doktor Avalanche
Before you do check your log files...
http://forum.cakewalk.com...aspx?m=3213591&p=1

At this stage I would suggest creating a new thread for your issue.
2015/06/06 23:35:24
Geo524
Thanks Dok but with Cakewalk software being screwy as it is with just their basic installs I always use the default path. I learned that a long time ago with Dimension Pro, Cakewalk Soundcenter and Rapture. I don't think this will help in my situation. I've already contacted support to see what they're going to do about this. I've been a long time supporter and have invetsed a lot of money in cakewalk products. I'm hoping they will make it right but if not I am going to take this to a much higher level. For now I am done. I do appreciate everyone's help so thanks again.
2015/06/06 23:38:22
Doktor Avalanche
Fair enough but if you are not getting any sound on some programs the log file WILL point to the reason why. Ta.
2015/06/06 23:55:46
Geo524
How and where do I access the log file? All this technical stuff is really above my skill level. That's what Cakewalk needs to understand. Not all of us are tech-savvy, computer gurus and the way they do things is much different than what I am use to. I can get around the computer some but doing things like this is out of my league and to be honest we shouldn't have to be going through it anyway. We shouldn't have to sort through problems like these. Seems this is the history of Cakewalk though. I understand software has bugs but after an update or two from the vendor they are usually sorted out and without me having to try to become a programmer or registry hacker. Lol. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account