2015/06/07 00:24:14
jih64
Geo524

We shouldn't have to

End of story

For me with things like synths, I barely scratch the surface, I use presets and maybe do a few tweaks when needed, I don't go creating my own sounds or digging around deep or anything, don't have the time nor the inclination, I play guitar. It may well be that all synths (software) will have bugs, it's just that I don't come into contact with said bugs in other synths I use, they may well be there, but they aren't at the front door where I lurk, on the top layer, in the basics. With Rap Pro, the bugs are there, at the front door staring you in the face, at the most basic level, sounds don't even play ? and it wasn't just with legacy sounds, there were a couple of factory sounds which were barely audible, and it seems to be pretty well universal among users so . . . one would think that would have been a pretty obvious thing.

Anyway, it will most likely get there in the end, but I wont be jumping on any Cake release on day one again, unlike 007, my confidence/faith is "shaken AND stirred"
2015/06/07 00:58:31
Geo524
jih64
Geo524

We shouldn't have to

End of story

For me with things like synths, I barely scratch the surface, I use presets and maybe do a few tweaks when needed, I don't go creating my own sounds or digging around deep or anything, don't have the time nor the inclination, I play guitar. It may well be that all synths (software) will have bugs, it's just that I don't come into contact with said bugs in other synths I use, they may well be there, but they aren't at the front door where I lurk, on the top layer, in the basics. With Rap Pro, the bugs are there, at the front door staring you in the face, at the most basic level, sounds don't even play ? and it wasn't just with legacy sounds, there were a couple of factory sounds which were barely audible, and it seems to be pretty well universal among users so . . . one would think that would have been a pretty obvious thing.

Anyway, it will most likely get there in the end, but I wont be jumping on any Cake release on day one again, unlike 007, my confidence/faith is "shaken AND stirred"

Guitar and bass are my main instruments but I do like using pads, strings and stuff like that from time to time. What gets me is Reaper, MixCraft, Omnisphere, EZdrummer, Superior Drummer, Addictive Drums, etc... all get updates, bug fixes and enhancements. The difference is the updates in these programs are installed easily and without having to go into the registry to fix things or find files and move them to where they're suppose to be. That is the job of the installer. Rapture Pro has been a nightmare for me. I do hope Cakewalk comes through but how long will we have to wait before they do? 
2015/06/07 02:44:35
midi sentinel
Fixed nothing. Can't get Rupture Pro authorized at all on OSX, still runs in demo mode although Command Center shows it as Connected and has a proper license/serial. I can't use the product I paid for, even 6 weeks after I've purchased it. It's a new record for me.

Can't uninstall it either, by following instructions from manual, since there is no "Uninstall" option in Command Center (at least not in OSX version).

2 soundsets are still displayed as red, even though they've been reinstalled multiple times (both manually and from Command Center).

How could you release something like this (both the 'product' and the 'update') is beyond me.
2015/06/07 06:34:25
Doktor Avalanche
Geo524
How and where do I access the log file?

I pasted a link when I mentioned it. Ta.
2015/06/07 06:45:03
p.a.wallis
Still not working in FL Studio 11 or 12 without Switching on fixed buffer size in the FL Studio Plugin  wrapper.
Notes are sticking otherwise. 

2015/06/07 10:33:01
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Hey guys, I just wanted to chime in with a couple notes here.

First, there's a fix for FL Studio's stuck notes in the works, we just weren't able to get it into this update. 

Since the release of the updated Command Center for Mac OS, authorizations there have been working for the vast majority of Mac OS users, so if problems persist there, please contact Support as there's likely something unique to your system preventing this from working properly. 

Geo524, to me it sounds like there's something with how the content is installing on your system that's preventing so many programs from loading. It's likely there's a couple small tweaks that may need to happen to get you up and running properly. Support should definitely be able to help you with this.

We're working hard to get as many new fixes/features into Rapture Pro as quickly as we can. Thanks.
2015/06/07 10:35:58
Doktor Avalanche
Thanks Jon....

Assume you are taking note of the posts here, I'm updating as much as I can find as I go along. Any feedback on the other threads over the last 48 hours would be great.

Another bug alongside the notes playing whilst in search text issue...

Search for "Acoustic" and you will get some results. If you put a space before or afterwards you will get completely different results. The text is not being trimmed before the query is being executed. Also I notice no basic wildcard support which is tad disappointing.

Please note with stuck notes it's not just FL Studio, it's Maschine as well although I assume it's the same bug.

Thanks...
2015/06/07 10:49:48
Doktor Avalanche
More...

1) If you click the "1" box at the top, and go to the master output and move it up and down there are no values for us to look at (basic enhancement please).

2) Bug - If you move the master pan above it with your mouse it appears broken. It is monitoring the Y axis (mouse up and down) rather than the X axis (mouse left and right)!
2015/06/07 13:19:33
rexmusic
Something that worked for me!  
After installing the Rapture Pro update, problems remained the same. 
Long time to open Rapture projects, long time to open Rapture's GUI from a track, -tested in 4 different DAWs.
But... after I rescan VSTs in every single DAW now... (miracle!) Rapture project opens in 2-3 seconds and Rapture GUI opens from tracks in 3-4 seconds!!! -tested in Sonar, Reaper, Tracktion and Presonus Studio One. 
Still having some problems with some presets, but I am sure down the road Cakewalk people will take care of everything. 
2015/06/07 19:45:02
Doktor Avalanche
I'm beginning to wonder if some people should have a go at defragging their hard drives.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account