2015/06/11 10:05:44
Glyn Barnes
weeman182
I cannoit phathom why Rapture 1 works fine and has worked fine since original CD release yet this dumb **** takes 5 times longer to load. I can load a full project with 18 VST's including kontakt librarys faster than loading a session with 1 track with Pro applied.

Load times are an issue for me. It takes 1 min 45 seconds to load Rapture Pro into an empty Sonar project. I am using the latest versions of both Sonar and Rapture pro. 21.4.00 Build 27 -x64 and 2.00.01.509 respectively.
Once loaded it works fine.

EDIT  CWBRN-33546

2015/06/12 17:50:58
aeigens
Dean Capper [Cakewalk]
aeigens, I have reached out to you via email to get more details about your problem with Rapture Pro. If you respond there, I'll be able to get you up and running again.

Im  still in demo mode. After a number of communications offline the end result was the solution for me to enter my password correctly, or use disk utility to fix privileges or reinstall my OS.

My macbook pro is new , i enter my password correct , i log onto CC3 correct , i install everything correct and I have many other company plugins installed and working correct - IK multimedia, waves, native instruments, ableton etc etc all requiring authorisation. 

Im not going to reinstall my OS for this piece of **** called cakewalk which currently rapture , rapture pro and Ca-2a doesn't work on macs for and ZA just started to work until that decide to void this with their **** authorisation system.

My advice to them is delete my posts , delete my account, and I'll delete everything off my computer and cakewalk can forever get F'd

Good bye
2015/06/12 19:25:43
jih64
Well, I guess that would suck, is it the same for all Mac users ? if it's not, well it just might be there is something on your side ?, but reinstalling your OS seems a bit much, I'd definitely think twice about that, and shake my head and move on also :) I have moved on from Rapture Pro myself, uninstalled it and just wrote it off, and my problems were certainly nothing compared to yours.

This is how I solved my Rapture Pro issues , although in the end the only thing that was a problem was the Galbanum Piscis pack, and the volume discrepancies and some Factory Rapture Pro patches either not sounding at all or being that low in volume that they were barely audible. [edit] oh, and some that surely mustn't be working as designed, ie maybe some of the elements not working or right, I mean it wasn't a case of something just sounding bad or not to your liking, more like 'no one in there right mind would create something like this' and as if you could hear there was something else that was supposed to be going on, but it just wasn't happening kind of thing

In the end I just wasn't really happy with the state it was in when released, and the fact that you had to do leg work to get things working, and in the end going 2 months from release it still doesn't, to bad, I was really looking forward to Rapture Pro. None of my other synths have these problems, they all just work beautifully. Having to do the dance to get things working how they should felt a bit like using Linux, and I don't ever want to do that again, I just like things to work as they should, out of the box, my days of spending/wasting time trying to get something to work as it should are well and truly over. I still have, and can and do use Rapture and Dimension Pro and Z3TA2 and all my expansion packs, all of which I love and work fine, so . . . Very happy with my other 3rd party Synths, and can't wait for Omni2 to get here.

Oh, I think "and cakewalk can forever get F'd" might be a little harsh and over the top, probably could have left that bit out. Anyway, all the best to you.
2015/06/13 20:24:03
Doktor Avalanche
I totally sympathise with the Mac user.

I would argue though we should have seen a lot more complaints about registration here if it was commonplace.
2015/06/14 17:03:45
Grem
Well, it's all working for me.

Just wanted to let others know that what wasn't working for me, is now working!!
2015/06/14 22:08:02
Anderton
Grem
Well, it's all working for me.

Just wanted to let others know that what wasn't working for me, is now working!!

It's definitely getting better as the updates roll out. It may be a minor point for some, but I do find it handy not to have to bounce back and forth between Dimension Pro and Rapture, but more importantly, that the Dim Pro patches now have the same kind of flexibility as Rapture patches.

I hope to get the time to try it with MIDI guitar... 
2015/06/15 15:36:09
Grem
I just wish they would get it working off line!! That's where all my keyboard stuff is, with my off line music PC.
2015/06/15 23:35:46
lambdoid
It still breaks every time I switch octaves on my MIDI keyboard, and I have already reported the bug. It still isn't fixed, and it still isn't fit for purpose considering how often I need to switch octaves. Why a VST breaks when it receives SysEx messages I do not know. It shouldn't respond to SysEx AT ALL, let alone cease to work It seems to recognize it's a MIDI message, but doesn't seem to know what to do with it, otherwise it would just crash outright instead of refusing to make any sound at all.

In addition, instead of silently failing to load samples and not tell me about it, why not give us the option of asking where the samples are like just about every other sample-based synth?
2015/06/16 04:23:14
Doktor Avalanche
@lambdoid create a new thread I suggest.
2015/06/18 10:44:39
jasontag
I agree that there is no attempt being made to fix issues. I am one of those who got an "out of system resources" error trying to install Rapture Pro. Well, I downloaded the new version (made sure I had already deleted the old downloaded files) and the problem is still there. So I can't even install it to watch it fail. :) Perhaps they are preparing to go out of business and that's why they don't bother fixing things? I've been patient, but enough is enough!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account