2016/01/06 14:20:50
wst3
really, love them a lot, had begged for them years ago and am thrilled they are now possible.

So of course I have to ask... any chance we can make the actual send to the patch point (or any send really) pre- or post- the FX bin? That would be really cool.

For example, when  I record guitars live I usually record two amplifiers. So last night I plugged my guitar in, put one amp sim in that  track, created a patch point, routed it to a second audio track, put a second amp sim in that track... so close, but  the second audio track receives the processed audio from the first track. Unless I'm missing something.

I was able to send to two additional audio tracks to simulate my two amplifier configuration, so all is not lost, but it would be a little easier, and a little less screen real estate, if I could do it with two tracks instead of three.

At which point - of course - I'll as for the ability to plop the patch point IN the fx bin<G>! No really, that would  be awesome!
2016/01/06 15:22:43
stevec
Huh...  I just did something similar this week!   But instead of using an amp sim in the recorded audio track and using a send, that clean track outputs to a PP that is then used as the input for two audio tracks, and each of those two tracks includes an amp sim.   Still three tracks total, but fairly easy to manage and can easily be expanded to use even more amp sims. 

Still voted though 'cause I like the idea.    

2016/01/06 15:23:18
brconflict
Love Patch Points!!
2016/01/06 15:49:29
BobF
stevec
Huh...  I just did something similar this week!   But instead of using an amp sim in the recorded audio track and using a send, that clean track outputs to a PP that is then used as the input for two audio tracks, and each of those two tracks includes an amp sim.   Still three tracks total, but fairly easy to manage and can easily be expanded to use even more amp sims. 

Still voted though 'cause I like the idea.    

This is my approach.  Makes it easier to combine FX that aren't inside the sim.  I go a step further and have the two sim tracks feed a bus for ganged level adjustments and overall FX, eq and such.  The final bus could be an Aux Track to keep it grouped with the source tracks.

I do like the idea of fre-FX Sends in general though ...
2016/01/06 18:55:54
arlen2133
You know that you can use a patch point for a send right?
I use them and that gives me the option of pre and post.
so you can take your guitar track and "send" it over to your aux track that has the patch point as the input.
this will allow you to put a different sim on the aux. 
I think Craig Anderton mentioned this in one of his posts...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account