• Software
  • MM Triple D and Scheps Omni Channel Updates (Warning - Currently not advised) (p.3)
2018/03/16 19:21:38
abacab
Got a ticket open with Waves support.  Will keep posted with any developments.

I cleaned Waves completely off my PC and re-installed.  No change.  It must be the update that is borked.
2018/03/16 20:09:55
Jeff Evans
abacab's avatar now looks very appropriate with this issue!  Just out of interest this update also updated Scheps Parallel Particles for me at the same time but that is all working fine so it must be an Omni Channel thing.

I am guessing the whole update is wrong and they will realise it and re release I bet.  The timing is bad for me too.  I have just record 10 college bands and am about to mix it all and was really looking forward to using this. 

I get the audio passing all the time, bypass or not, actually like the original abacab symptoms.  It just does nothing in my case no matter what you do. The VU's are not even responding. 
2018/03/16 22:13:22
abacab
It would probably help get attention quicker if everybody who has seen this bug opens a ticket here:

https://www.waves.com/log...url=%2fcontact-support
2018/03/16 22:50:11
TheMaartian
Jeff Evans
abacab's avatar now looks very appropriate with this issue!  Just out of interest this update also updated Scheps Parallel Particles for me at the same time but that is all working fine so it must be an Omni Channel thing.

I am guessing the whole update is wrong and they will realise it and re release I bet.  The timing is bad for me too.  I have just record 10 college bands and am about to mix it all and was really looking forward to using this. 

I get the audio passing all the time, bypass or not, actually like the original abacab symptoms.  It just does nothing in my case no matter what you do. The VU's are not even responding. 

Any bright side? Like giving you a chance to use CTC-1 (if you have it) and the native Fat Channel?

I have both, and was thinking: cool! Then the Scheps Omni Channel came along, and my first thought was: ah, crap, did I just waste my money on CTC-1 and Tape (Tape Multitrack)?

Now? No, I don't think so. Not because of this recent hiccup. Earlier.

Choice is nice. They'll get their use. MixEngine FX do force/encourage you to use busses. No biggie. I like busses. 
2018/03/16 23:43:24
mikedocy
This will be interesting to see if it gets fixed before Monday.
It is the weekend. It is 1:42AM in Israel now. I don't think they work on the weekend.
The programmers would have to be called into work on Saturday or Sunday.

2018/03/16 23:53:01
abacab
Fill up the ticket queue.  Make Monday a wonderful morning to arrive at work! 
2018/03/17 00:03:04
TheMaartian
abacab
Fill up the ticket queue.  Make Monday a wonderful morning to arrive at work! 

Waves are in Israel. Their work week starts on Sunday. The silence right now doesn't surprise me.

EDIT: Notice that I didn't put in an end-of-work-week day. I don't know about Waves, but when I worked for Motorola, Motorola Israel was about 3000 peeps. Many of our software development engineers were Russian emigres. For them, 6 12- to 14-hours days per week seemed like a vacation. They were just so happy to be there. And let's be nice and just say that they had plenty to work on.
2018/03/17 00:34:24
abacab
Certainly have no bad vibes towards the Waves staff, but it is a bit surprising that this update made it out the door as is.  Hoping for a speedy resolution! 
2018/03/17 02:58:12
emeraldsoul
At least change the thread title so that a quick reader won't leap to update into this particular mess.
2018/03/17 17:25:54
cclarry
Done Emerald
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account