2015/02/20 16:16:36
gidi16
Same problem here, osx 10.9.5
Installed 2.1.1 version and older version.
Issued a support ticket a minute ago, also asking why the serial in my account is now different to the serial i received a couple of years ago, when i purchased.
Maybe that is part of the problem?

Still waiting for a simple and easy solution for dimension pro and rapture for mac osx :-) 
On my other mac with osx 10.9.5 I managed to install dimension pro with a root account and a lot of hassle. 
Maybe i can trace the link with explanation somewhere if anyone's interested.

2015/02/23 07:46:13
andrewfields
ProjectM
Since Mavericks, Dimension and Rapture can not be authorized on Mac OS X because of some technical reason. Can't remember the details. So until they update DimPro and Rapture, it's not going to work unless you are on an old OS.

of course, i can´t believe.. why stop cakewalk the support!! this a big fail... Zzzz..
by the way.  Z3ta2 runs now... ;) i hope and i wait now for a update of Dimension Pro for mac 10.10!!!
2015/02/23 08:19:14
nightpolymath
gidi16
Same problem here, osx 10.9.5
Installed 2.1.1 version and older version.
Issued a support ticket a minute ago, also asking why the serial in my account is now different to the serial i received a couple of years ago, when i purchased.
Maybe that is part of the problem?

Still waiting for a simple and easy solution for dimension pro and rapture for mac osx :-) 
On my other mac with osx 10.9.5 I managed to install dimension pro with a root account and a lot of hassle. 
Maybe i can trace the link with explanation somewhere if anyone's interested.

It's been a month since my original post and this has not been resolved yet. I came across another issue with my Rapture install - the serial number is not valid. It is the same one from the Email sent to me during purchase in Feb. 2013 (and the same one in my Cakewalk user account). This, coupled with the inability to register CA-2A and Z3TA+ 2, has been a very frustrating experience so far.
2015/02/23 12:03:56
gidi16
Got this mail today from tech support:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Cakewalk.

Several of you have probably answered a few of these cases already and have an autotext. For anyone who doesn't have an autotext, here's the one I used:

A security update that Apple released on January 27th (security update 2015-001) seems to be causing this problem for Z3TA+ 2 and the CA-2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier. We are aware of the issue and will release a fix in the upcoming weeks, but a specific schedule for this is unfortunately unavailable. If you made a backup of your computer before installing this security update, you could use it to restore your computer to a state before the update was installed.

The best places to hear about the solution to this issue is on , the  or  Knowledge Base and in our email newsletter.
Best regards,
2015/02/24 09:59:45
maurice29
Well lets hope the fix will come soon. 
its a great synth to bad i cannot use it now :-( 

2015/03/23 21:09:05
DrJoel
Just bumping this thread to see if Cakewalk/Roland will reply. It has been several weeks since CW posted they were working to resolve this and recommended not installing the OS X security update for 10.10.1 (really - that's a recommendation, even with 10.9 and 10.8 impacted as well???). Now 10.10.3 is already right around the corner. Will the fix be broken even before it gets released??? Disappointing.
2015/03/23 21:50:00
zaknotzak
DrJoel
Just bumping this thread to see if Cakewalk/Roland will reply. It has been several weeks since CW posted they were working to resolve this and recommended not installing the OS X security update for 10.10.1 (really - that's a recommendation, even with 10.9 and 10.8 impacted as well???). Now 10.10.3 is already right around the corner. Will the fix be broken even before it gets released??? Disappointing.

If you have purchased the Z3TA+2 I would suggest you call the Cakewalk customer service line (1-866-522-6855) and request a refund until the issue is resolved. They don't seem to be addressing this issue with any kind of haste so this is unfortunately the only way we can let them know that we are not happy.
2015/03/25 03:29:06
machinesworking
Yeah I changed out the hard drive and processors on my Mac Pro last month, and haven't been able to instal Z3ta+2 since. They really have ZERO right to complain about sales to OSX users with this sort of "progress". 

I've called tech support twice on this... 
2015/04/21 18:39:46
mikaelbystrom
nightpolymath
I've not had much luck installing Z3TA+ 2.0 and CA 2A on a new Macbook Pro 15" running Yosemite. The error message is "Registration code invalid." These were perfectly working codes/serial numbers used on my old machine before the migration. Has anyone experienced something similar on OS X? I am running Live 9 by the way.

I just had the same problem, but just quit the installer in both cases.
Z3TA+ 2 AU runs in my host Live 9. If I select ”Options > About Z3TA+ 2” the info at the bottom does say i’t registered to me and uses a serial with a lot of nines in it, which isn't my serial.
It also says it’s really 2.1.1, as does the info version field in Finder of the "Z3TA+ 2.component" as well as the "Z3TA+ 2.vst3”. However, if you open the info.plist of the component it says:
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>2.1.2</string>

I'm not sure what to make of it. But could you guys with this issue still run Z3TA+ 2 as I could? Does it time out after 30 days?

2015/04/21 23:17:30
Paul P

mikaelbystrom,

Have you applied the Z3TA+ 2.1.2 Update for Mac OS X  ?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account