2015/04/22 04:24:20
mikaelbystrom
Paul P
Have you applied the   ?

Yes, I suppose that's why I find the
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>2.1.2</string>

in info.plist.

The release info said the 2.1.2 could be installed on top of 2.1.1 and that's what I did.

How do you completely deinstall Z3TA+ 2 on OS X? I suppose it's worth trying just with the 2.1.2 installer. Beside the AU and the VST3 there are 2 plist files, one in my preferences and one in private/var/receipts. There are also some bom files of course. I've had the demo installed recently.
2015/04/22 04:36:55
mikaelbystrom
OK, a fresh reinstallation of 2.1.2, without 2.1.1 installed, didn't help in this case. It's still claims my serial isn't considered valid by the installer, even as it's registered with Cakewalk on my account. Interestingly Z3TA+ 2 still claims it's 2.1.1.

2015/04/22 10:30:39
Paul P

I'd contact Cakewalk support.  Most of us are windows pc oriented, so few will be in a position to help.

2015/04/22 13:44:25
mikaelbystrom
Paul P
I'd contact Cakewalk support.  Most of us are windows pc oriented, so few will be in a position to help.

Already did and they were very helpful, except this detail isn't solved yet. It's a known problem so someone is bound to have gone trough it.
2015/04/24 09:50:44
chad
mikaelbystrom
Paul P

Already did and they were very helpful, except this detail isn't solved yet. It's a known problem so someone is bound to have gone trough it.

Did you try manually deleting your z3ta+ audiounit then running the installer again? 

Go to  Library ▸ Audio ▸ Plug-Ins ▸ Components  to remove. 
2015/04/24 10:58:22
mikaelbystrom
chad
Did you try manually deleting your z3ta+ audiounit then running the installer again? 

Go to  Library ▸ Audio ▸ Plug-Ins ▸ Components  to remove.

Yes, I deleted all files as outlined previously. Then I ran the 2.1.2 installer.

Support has gone silent on me now. I'm contemplating adding my reg code to the plist. Just have to convert to xml and back. Seems some people had luck with that method concerning similar problems.
2015/04/24 12:10:48
robert_e_bone
mikaelbystrom
OK, a fresh reinstallation of 2.1.2, without 2.1.1 installed, didn't help in this case. It's still claims my serial isn't considered valid by the installer, even as it's registered with Cakewalk on my account. Interestingly Z3TA+ 2 still claims it's 2.1.1.

I am a bit confused - where do you see the 2.1.1 displayed?

Bob Bone

2015/04/24 13:17:59
mikaelbystrom
robert_e_bone
I am a bit confused - where do you see the 2.1.1 displayed?

As I said earlier it's in the "About Z3TA+ 2" info window:
mikaelbystrom
If I select ”Options > About Z3TA+ 2” the info at the bottom does say i’t registered to me and uses a serial with a lot of nines in it, which isn't my serial.
It also says it’s really 2.1.1, as does the info version field in Finder of the "Z3TA+ 2.component" as well as the "Z3TA+ 2.vst3”. However, if you open the info.plist of the component it says:
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>2.1.2</string>

2015/04/24 13:53:04
mikaelbystrom
mikaelbystromI'm contemplating adding my reg code to the plist. Just have to convert to xml and back. Seems some people had luck with that method concerning similar problems.

OK, in the absence of a support response I used the command line plutil tool to convert the Z3TA+ 2 preferences plist file to xml, adding my ProductKey in the xml-file and converting back to binary again. It doesn't change the listed serial, but setting my clock 2 years ahead didn't make Z3TA+ 2 complain or stop working. I'm not sure if that's a difference from before actually as I didn't reset the clock then, nor am I sure the verification system follows the computer clock, but maybe it will work.

Could any of you please check the "About Z3TA+ 2" to see if your actual serial is listed or if it's something else? Maybe it's normal to not have your actual serial listed?
2015/05/15 18:57:19
mikaelbystrom
Update:  Since then support has issued me a new serial, which worked when I re-installed v2.1.2. I haven't been able to enter the registration code anywhere, but Z3TA+ 2 seems to be in full working order. Got the code at hand in case I find a way to enter it. The word "registration" doesn't exist in the Z3TA+ 2 manual and nor does "code".

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account