2016/01/03 15:27:13
Vilovilo
Hi,
From where I am, gain staging and peak detections are.... Boring.
The shortcut,for me is to clone the track ,normalize the clone to zero dB and make the substraction ( if it is the proper translation for:"soustraction ").
Faster than let the track go to the end ,click: "keep peak or something" and see what number is written.
I'm sure it won't be a hard coding task to have a kind of knob which would tell us what is the peak level of a track as far as all the functions already exist within Sonar. It would spare time,click and writing operations.
Just a thought.
Cheers and best wishes to all.
Olivier
2016/01/03 15:51:51
jpetersen
Good idea.
I have always just normalized each track.
2016/01/03 16:08:26
Vilovilo
Hi,
Ok normalizing can make the job,but it is a destructive process so I prefer to tweak with the gain knob and volume faders which allow to let the wave file as it is.
2016/01/03 16:32:44
Grizzlylip
Vilovilo
Hi,
Ok normalizing can make the job,but it is a destructive process so I prefer to tweak with the gain knob and volume faders which allow to let the wave file as it is.

I concur.
2016/01/03 16:35:29
Grizzlylip
Or I should say "I agree," replying "I concur" might suggest I boast my approach to be the "correct" way.  I would be interested in hearing how others approach this step if different than the previously mentioned techniques.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account