• Computers
  • Best value CPU MOBO combination. [Answered] (p.2)
2016/02/15 21:04:55
mudgel
To AllanH:

Please don't hijack my thread. If you have a question please start your own thread.

Not one poster has actually answered my rather specific question so I would prefer that others don't start their own agenda.
2016/02/17 04:02:00
Vastman
I think several of us have answered your thread, Mike... intel hasn't done diddly in recent years, focusing on mobile... SSD's are a huge improvement.  Call some of the DAW makers on the board here if you want to eeeek out a tad more performance but I've been in the same boat for awhile, spend time periodically tracking developments and my little ole' 6 core 4930 is still up there, as is yours... Personally I think it's crazy to dump money into replacing a high end cpu with a tad better when you don't have SSD's (or so it seems from ur sig)...

Memory is top on my list right now... wanna bump to 64; I routinely run out. Then learn/get VE Pro5 to eeek out a lot more (Great thread by DRanck) and maybe the next gen next year will be worthy of it's cost... might be two years.   I planned on upgrading before now but, to be frank... I think it's stupid unless you got money to burn and already have ssd's...

Oh, yea, Bit's thread

2016/02/17 04:03:36
Vastman
you know the man... pm him! or call him!

Jim Roseberry 
jim@studiocat.com 
www.studiocat.com

2016/02/17 04:53:58
mudgel
It a surprise to me that no one so far has had an opinion on the current best value CPU and MOBO combination.

Everyone's got an opinion about what I should do but still no answer to my question.
2016/02/17 06:30:59
jbraner
Everyone's got an opinion about what I should do...

We thought that *was* the question ;-)

2016/02/17 07:14:03
mudgel
Man I must be daft.

There isn't actually a question anywhere in my first post but if any question is implied surely it's stated in the thread title not in the bit of background info I gave.

Anyway my comment wasn't directed at you as you said you were "looking over my shoulder". That really implies that you also were interested in finding out what was the best value CPU MOBO combination. You certainly weren't interested in what I should do.

Anyway it's a moot point. I have an answer as I've indicated in an updated thread title.
2016/02/17 07:30:18
jbraner
I *am* interested in what you should do
It just so happens that it might apply to me too - but that doesn't matter.

Anyway - hopefully you know I'm not arguing with you or meaning to give you a hard time - just making conversation
2016/02/17 07:43:21
mudgel
Oh no John. It was all the guff about how I don't need an update or I should do this or do that that got to me.

You stated what you were doing on the thread.

I wish there was a way for the OP of a thread to close it.
2016/02/17 14:33:31
BobF
geez ... what a cranky old curmudgeon your are, Mike. 

I see the answer to your question in the posts above.  The answer is, "None that will improve on what you already have."

2016/02/17 16:10:17
mudgel
Thanks Bobf. You've contributed nothing to this thread and now come in name calling. Sure I'm cranky, but name calling; really.

So there have been no CPU and MOBO updates in the 5 years since I built the system in my specs. Wow!

So you would advise someone looking to put together a computer today, to buy my MOBO and CPU combo.

My crankiness comes from the fact that I've told, I don't need to update, while some said you're pretty well off already and some said there's nothing out there better than what you have, but NOONE has told me what there is so I can decide whether the small increase in performance is worth it.

As I said I haven't kept up with what's happening in the PC game in the last 5 years but there must be a MOBO with new chipsets and extra features that I don't have and may want and there has to be at least one CPU that's faster, more economical or something than my 5 year old processor.

I'd left the thread finished it thanks for revving it with an insult.

Do you feel better for it?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account