2016/04/07 19:13:38
kitekrazy1
I have on board audio enabled and only use it for anything but DAW. I never use my audio interfaces for Windows stuff.

Hardware is not the problem with motherboards it's the driver software.  I've had an issue or tow with video cards working in the right PCIe slot.

What's nice about this board for AMD users is you can upgrade the board without having to change out your processor.  So if you are using the FX series this board is nice if you want USB 3.1 which will probably dominate over Thunderbolt.
2016/04/08 03:40:16
SuperG
kitekrazy1
I have on board audio enabled and only use it for anything but DAW. I never use my audio interfaces for Windows stuff.

I used to think think routing Windows audio through my monitors was a bad idea, but listening to online media is just so much a better experience with them.

I suppose a lot depends on your audio interface and it's drivers and how they're put together. I use a Motu Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid via firewire. Sonar, Sound Forge, and other audio/video tools are all set to use the Motu's ASIO interface - while Windows simply talks via Windows wave. Both ASIO and Windows wave co-exist and operate simultaneously.

It might bother some, but the occasional audible windows notification doesn't really bother me. 

2016/04/08 12:44:59
Starise
Agreed SuperG

I have enough to worry about with one audio system and it does sound better through my monitors. To each his or her own.

This thread is starting to remind me of another thread about people who were experiencing problems with some functions in Sonar. We had a lot of , " That's never happened to me",  comments...well darnit...it happened to them :)
I've been guilty of it.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account