• Software
  • Air Music Tech - Strike drum plugin makes hundreds of duplicate notes (p.2)
2018/03/20 20:03:58
GregGraves
As an M-track user, I got Strike for free; however, it would cost $199, but on sale at Sweetwater $149.  So   EZDrummer is $30 more not on sale.  Only thing is, after this experience with Strike, I'm paranoid.  I have gotten good results I am happy with AD2.  I've purchased some of their expansion packs and midi stuff, so I'm done experimenting with software.  I think a better investment would be getting a set of pads, or a MIDI drumset and a case of beer to lure in a drummer.
2018/03/20 21:17:37
abacab
I got six AD2 ADPacks with Sonar Producer + the Platinum upgrade, then 3 more with a XLN "Custom" bundle at JRRShop.  So a total of 9 kits and 9 MiDIPaks for cheap.  At that point I pretty much decided that AD2 would become my go-to drums.  It sounds good enough to me.  The MIDI patterns sound realistic.

I got Strike included with the AIR Instrument Expansion Complete upgrade for cheap from a $1 synth.  It's probably been neglected, but I have kept it installed.

I only wish AD2 had the 'tap to find' feature... oh well, not sure if that is worth $150. 

Real drummer + case of beer?  What could go wrong, LOL? 
2018/03/20 21:59:25
Soundwise
I'm kind of obsessed with good drum sounds so I collected a wide range of various drum libraries. But in the end of the day it's down to a simple workflow: I just use SD3 factory library and program drum tracks with midi keyboard. No tap2find or midi libraries get any use. Heck, I don't even use AD2 anymore. Was thinking about selling it, but who knows what the future holds? Maybe one fine day XLN will come up with a fancy AD3 and offer a tempting update price for AD2 owners. Until then I believe SD3 is beyond compare.
Back on topic. I occasionally use Strike 2 for some test projects, when I need to compare various plugins and settings in the mix. Like it for the ease of use and quality sound.
2018/03/20 23:19:49
Cactus Music
Just to chime in. I too got Strike for almost nothing so it was no big deal to give up on it after trying real hard for about 6 months. Buggy. 
Great sounding  VST's,, but I find each and everyone of their products has some sort of a bug that I end up not using them anymore. The bugs are all pre set and effect related.  Only one I still use is Xpand because it works nicely for multi instruments stuff like a horn section. But even that one, on  Ch1 the reverb will not stop going full blast. Same thing happening on the Air Mini grand. The DB33 the vibrato is inconsistent and I have to redo a new controller as ones that worked with all other VST's sound all wrong with the DB33. 
I posed on the user forum and the owner answered me and he said nobody else had reported this? Only solution was to re-install which I did and that did nothing. 
I've been waiting for them to do some updates. 

But AD2 out of all the VST drums has been my best so far. Everytime I use it and dig a little deeper I get better results. 
Just little details like turning down the Overheads on the snare. I find I can now dial in exactly what I want. If only the reverb was a little better it would be near to perfect. 

I don't use loops. I just play the parts either on my keyboard or my Yamaha Digital kit. 
On the keyboard ( this has been since 1984 ) I work in layers 
Using a straight hi hat as a metronome.
I'll play the Kick/Snare with 2 fingers
Rewind, now lay down the hi hats and cymbals 
I draw tom rolls by hand.  
Now on my Yamaha kit it speeds it up as I can do it all in one pass. More mistakes but a better feel. Any controller you can play with drum sticks will spark things up better than fingers on keys. 

Don't have a digital kit?? No problem. Just go buy a set of drum sticks and turn any surface into a drum kit.
Set up a few mikes as triggers and record the "percussion"  hot. 
Now use drum replacer to convert to midi.  

2018/03/21 12:10:18
msorrels
I've had Strike for a long time but never really even looked at it.  Sure enough, if you record a MIDI clip and drag it out, all the notes seem to have a duration 0, velocity 0 "echo/clone" in the Event viewer.  You can select them using Edit->Select->By Filter.. and checking the Note line and setting the Duration to 0 min and 0 max. Then delete them.  Could do it with a Cal script too.  Doesn't explain why they are being generated though.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account