2015/04/03 11:17:02
jerrydf
This may already exist in Sonar, but I haven't found it in several years ...

In PRV, would it be possible to rename the tabs. This would be especially when you have multiple tracks; if you have just one track  in a PRV tab, that's fine - the instrument is named.  As soon as you add another track for the window, the tab just says "Piano Roll - Multiple Tracks." It would be nice to rename this "drums" (where there may be two or three tracks of bass drum, snare, cymbals, etc) or "percussion" or "horns" .. etc.

Also - could the tabs be rearranged (by dragging), including the console view tab?

Cheers
Jerry

2015/04/03 21:06:26
icontakt
Oh yes, I submitted exactly the same request (before this forum section was introduced). Voted.
2015/04/04 00:24:45
Kev999
icontakt
...I submitted exactly the same request (before this forum section was introduced)...

Me too:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=3100709
I presume you mean tabs in Multidock.
2015/04/04 07:14:33
jerrydf
Yes, in the multidock. I've seen the Duckbar add-on (in the fourm post you referenced above) and I've been tempted, but I'm wary of playing around with the base software, especially when I saw a recent post in sonarmods forum about colours reverting the software back to Demo mode (i.e. - are there any other hidden issues in the Duck that can cause these issues?)

jdf
2015/04/05 12:55:36
williamcopper
Me too, and it applies to the tab in multidock and also to the window title in a floating window.   Here's my version of the request:  http://forum.cakewalk.com...ing-seen-m3195139.aspx
2015/05/07 00:31:31
taccess
In PRV, would it be possible to rename the tabs. This would be especially when you have multiple tracks; if you have just one track  in a PRV tab, that's fine - the instrument is named.  As soon as you add another track for the window, the tab just says "Piano Roll - Multiple Tracks." It would be nice to rename this "drums" (where there may be two or three tracks of bass drum, snare, cymbals, etc) or "percussion" or "horns" .. etc.

Also - could the tabs be rearranged (by dragging), including the console view tab?

Hi every  my vote on this feature too please .
can someone help >>how do i open a second PRV tab  without closing the first PRV tab > or multiple PRV tabs in multidock ?
i have had 2 piano roll windows opened in multi dock once before but cant figure out how without closing the first PRV tab ?

Thanks
2015/05/07 06:28:48
Kev999
taccess
...how do i open a second PRV tab  without closing the first PRV tab...

Before you add a new tab, right-click on the existing one and Lock Contents.
2015/12/27 16:51:44
jerrydf
I've mentioned this before, so here's a bump ...I'd like the ability to edit the labels on the PRV  containjng multiple tracks.  At the moment the tabs are just bland "Piano View - Multiple Tracks". This update would allow PRV windows with groups of instruments to be easily identified on the tabs, e.g "Brass" which may contain, for example, three tracks - tenor sax alto sax, trumpet; "strings" which may have PRVs of the violin and cello tracks, and so on. I would think this is a fairly easy mod, but very useful.

Jerry

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account