2015/06/13 09:31:47
Grumbleweed_
Computer Music Magazine have got their hands on Rapture Pro for a review and the result was not pretty. I figured it would suffer a poor review if the amount of negative comments/problems I've read on forums was an indicator - and so it came to pass.
As a supporter of Cakewalk products I have to say it's a bit of a shame. 

Grum.

2015/06/13 19:29:37
Doktor Avalanche
I think this is one of those 'learn from your mistakes' moments. The good news is that Cakewalk will have no choice but to up their game here. The state Z3TA+2 was left in, and what Rap Pro is now in (a far worse situation) needs to be fixed promptly. I remain positive these issues will all be addressed (although it's extremely frustrating they still remain silent about Z3TA+2, this is a poor show).

Now is Cakewalks chance to bring back some consumer confidence here like they did brilliantly with Sonar. This should be tackled from a clean slate perspective.

Is there a link for the review?
2015/06/13 23:02:08
Fog
It's a bad indicator for me when even from trailers etc. I am thinking ...so ?
Mag turned up on my doormat today also.

I think it was like beatscape again.. Great on paper.. And looks the part.. But that's all.
Just seemed a waste of dev and testing time. Reinventing the wheel

Only 2 companies now get the "take my money now" without question.. U-he and fabfilter. Neither are as big as cakewalk I doubt either. 

Get people in who use synths a lot to be criticial if you do a new project.. 2 of my friends with real synth collections come to mind. One has easily 40

Cake has the staff with the skills, that's the annoying bit. Lennar ,only sell one thing for years.. And its a much loved synth.

2015/06/14 02:47:14
Orphaned at Birth
looks about right . . . credit where credit is due I always say . . .
2015/06/14 03:19:18
TomHelvey
Fog
Lennar, only sell one thing for years.. And its a much loved synth.

I know it's unquantifiable but Sylenth just sounds friendly. Whoever wrote the DSP code was brilliant. There are rumors of an update but it's still synth 1.
2015/06/14 07:18:16
Grumbleweed_
Doktor Avalanche
Is there a link for the review?

I'm sure MusicRadar will post something soon (it won't before CMM is in the shops though).

Grum.
2015/06/14 11:32:56
mudgel
I wasn't going to buy Rap Pro but I'd been doing some clearing out of old stuff on eBay and decided I'd get it after all. Wish I hadn't. At least not till it was sorted out. You'd think a person would learn.
2015/06/14 11:59:01
JayCee99
I considered it but could not justify the $99. It just seems like the same synths with an updated prettier interface.
2015/06/14 21:29:58
bjornpdx
Are you referring to the July 2015 issue of CMM?  I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find the review of Rap Pro,  only an announcement in the CM/News section on p 24 (Android version of CMM) ??

2015/06/15 06:34:54
djjhart@aol.com
bjornpdx
Are you referring to the July 2015 issue of CMM?  I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find the review of Rap Pro,  only an announcement in the CM/News section on p 24 (Android version of CMM) ??

Yeah all I see mentioned about Rappro is on page 24, No review .
Are you sure you read a review in CMM ? Love to read the review. Thanks John
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account