2015/06/17 15:54:19
AT
Doc,

Invariably when reviews are talked about someone on a forum will opine that you never see a bad review since they are bought and paid for.  I was merely saying to mark this one, since it is a bad review.  I guess it is, I still haven't read it. 
It was an general comment, not directed at you or anyone else.
2015/06/17 18:47:13
Doktor Avalanche
No probs whatsoever ...
2015/06/17 23:54:51
mumpcake
AT
At this point it is a C (an old-school C that means barely passing) because of the reliability issues; a B for many once it works reliably and an A for my personal uses

Technically, since it got 6/10 it would be a D on most grading scales.
2015/06/18 00:13:49
Magic Russ
This just came in my Zinio account.

I am surprised they did not complain about the slow load times.  I don't think they would have had time to get the review in after the 2.0.1 fix.

There are a few suggestions and criticisms that I hadn't run into or thought of.  For example, the complaint about not being able to switch between patches via MIDI makes sense, especially considering this is to be a performance synth.  And maybe it might have been nice to have the ability to audition files while browsing for them.

On the other hand there are a few complaints that are out of left field.  For example they consider the ability to switch between free running and triggered unison modes a feature they would usually take for granted.  Maybe I need to reread some manuals, because I don't know that I have any synths with that feature.  

The reviewer seemed hung up on wavetable modulation, but surprisingly did not realize that this can be done through sfz.  (Too lazy to search for one of B-Rock's tutorials on the subject).  I am of course assuming that RP has not broken that functionality.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account