2015/06/21 14:37:25
AT
I took RP off my computer because of instability.  However, in Cakewalk Command Center it shows up as Green.  However, when you open Rapture Pro up every component is yellow.  Is this a problem w/ CCC or another problem in Rap Pro.  Inquiring minds want to know.
2015/06/21 14:57:35
scook
How did you remove Rapture Pro? C3 only tracks activity within the C3, installing, updated and removing programs via Windows is not accurately reflected in C3.
2015/06/21 15:17:54
AT
Well, that explains that. 

It doesn't explain why after reloading all the libraries  show yellow.  I don't remember loading them individually.  I guess I'll spend the rest of father's day doing that. 

But, any reason why after a VST reset (to fix Rap Pro correctly)  Melodine now won't work  and my Spectral Pro VST was changed to unregistered.  This whole experience is two steps back when you try to take one forward.  It is really disappointing.

@
2015/06/21 15:34:06
scook
AT
  Melodine now won't work  and my Spectral Pro VST was changed to unregistered.

Not sure what "won't work" means and am unfamiliar with Spectral Pro. A VST reset simply clears the VST inventory out of the registry and attempts to read all the VST plug-ins in the scan path in order to rebuild the inventory. Out of curiosity what OS is this machine running? I know some have reported running some older 32bit plug-ins have had to run the current release of SONAR as administrator when they did not recall doing so in the past. I have not experience the problem though.
2015/06/21 15:48:39
AT
During SONAR's rescan of VSTs I had to manual disable Melodine (sp) to procede.  And Spectral Machine - http://www.sfxmachine.com/.  It now needs to be reauthorized via serial number. 

First, I am reloading all the Rap Pro libraries and that will take a while. 

Thanks for the help.
2015/06/21 16:04:59
scook
How old is this version of Melodyne? Which format is causing the problem, VST2 or VST3?

Spectral Machine looks like an older 32bit only plug-in. I suspect you may need to run SONAR as administrator from now own to use it. Older plug-ins sometimes rely on parts of the registry which have been secured in newer versions of Windows. As I mentioned above, some Everett users were reporting, some older plug-ins are now requiring elevated privileges where they might not have need them in the past. You might be able to figure out where to hack the registry to open up the permissions or contact the manufacturer, they may be able to suggest a solution. Might be time to retire the plug-in unless the manufacturer is willing to update it to support a newer 64bit version of Windows without having to resort with registry hacks or other security workarounds.
2015/06/21 16:18:49
AT
The Melodyne in SONAR.

And yea, I knew that when I bought the SFX stuff.  At one point I had to do re-input the serial with SONAR before.  It had worked fine.  I don't know what triggered it, but that should fix it.  If not, I bought it on sale.

Thanks for the info.
2015/06/21 16:25:22
scook
Which Melodyne format VST3 or VST2? If you having trouble with the VST2 format, remove it. It is unnecessary. SONAR uses the VST3 for Region FX and it also may be used in the FX bin.
2015/06/22 05:53:19
jih64
I don't know about Rapture Pro showing green
But I know it has a lot of people seeing red

Hope you get it sorted, I gave it the flick, not worth the effort sadly
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account