2015/12/20 23:00:04
ricoskyl
From many posts I've read, it sounds like users spend more time working in Track View than any other, so I'm hoping that these two ideas are valuable.  

First, because I have a multi-screen setup, I'm often dragging multidock views to one of my side monitors.  (This is a great convenience, BTW; if you're thinking of investing in another monitor, I highly recommend it.)  It would be great if SONAR would support additional Track View windows. I'd like to be able to work close-up with individual tracks, yet use a multi-track view or move around between the other tracks.  If the two were synchronized, I could navigate from track to track on one window and retain a close-up view where I'm doing my edits.  I find the navigation pane helpful for moving along the timeline, but not much use for moving up and down between tracks.

Next, I wondered if it would be helpful to anyone if the track view could be split into panes in the same way Excel spreadsheets can be split.  If you wanted to drag a clip from the intro to the outro, it might be convenient to see both at the same time on the same screen (a vertical pane divider would show a non-contiguous ruler.)  Another application would be a horizontal pane allowing us to work between tracks; the top of the split might show tracks 5 -10 while the bottom of the pane shows tracks 55 - 65.  The bus pane at the bottom of the track view currently works like this, but of course it doesn't support tracks.

I think project trends are toward more and more tracks (particularly with patch points and aux tracks) and user systems are increasingly likely to run multiple displays, so perhaps there's some value to putting development time here.

2015/12/21 11:10:30
John
I really like your ideas. If may make a small suggestion. In Cubase one can split the Arrange View so that one or more track stay at the top while scrolling up down to the rest is the same as always.  That and your ideas I think would be very useful additions to Sonar.
2015/12/31 05:06:30
EyjolfurG
I like the idea of "split into panes" like Word or Excel.
2015/12/31 05:49:20
Snehankur
Nice idea !!
Or we can have a TRV [like PRV]. We right-click on a track, we will get an option "Open in TRV". The selected track will open in that window which can have Dock/Undock option with Sync/Unsync Horizontal Time scroll.

2015/12/31 08:42:42
BobF
Snehankur
Nice idea !!
Or we can have a TRV [like PRV]. We right-click on a track, we will get an option "Open in TRV". The selected track will open in that window which can have Dock/Undock option with Sync/Unsync Horizontal Time scroll.

I really like this version of the request.

2015/12/31 11:19:37
Snehankur
http://forum.cakewalk.com/TRV-m3344160.aspx#3344160
I have put a Feature Request. Please vote.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account