• Features & Ideas
  • Please allow MIDI note selection AND highlighting with ANY tool not just Smart Tool
2015/12/29 20:26:05
jpetersen
In Sonar 8.5.3 I can be using any MIDI tool, if I want to fine-tune a value I just press ALT to activate the Move tool and if I now click on the note, it is selected (info goes to Event Inspector) and also the note is highlighted, which is necessary to edit the value in the Event Inspector. And I can edit the values in the Event Inspector with ANY tool active, too.

In Sonar X3e I can only highlight a note with the Smart tool and the Select tool. None of the other tools, so I always must switch back to either Smart or Select.

In Sonar Lexington it's even worse. Only the Smart tool will now highlight a note. Oddly, the Select tool WILL send the values of the clicked-on note to the Event Inspector, but the note remains unhighlighted. In fact, NO note is then highlighted, making editing in the Event Editor impossible!

It would be really convenient if ALL of the tools would select (send values to Event Inspector) AND highlight the note clicked on, and then also allow clicking in the Event Inspector to enable editing with ANY tool active.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account