• Features & Ideas
  • Please make default snap grid mode "Snap To", not "Snap By" - also in PRV grid
2015/12/31 17:48:27
jpetersen
I just spend some hours figuring out why my MIDI notes snap PAST the grid after I changed grid resolution to triplets.
The reason was "Snap By" moves the MIDI nots BY the grid setting distance. So if your not is not on a grid line, bad luck. It will always jump the fixed distance OVER the line.

So please make the default startup setting "Snap To".
And also in the PRV's local snap grid.

2015/12/31 19:52:49
BobF
... or make the default a user selectable option
2016/01/02 08:47:50
jpetersen
Well, the current behavior is as follows:
Open Sonar without a project, the toggle switch on the Console is in the down position, "By".
At this point it is not possible to know what the local PRV setting is (no MIDI track)

Create a project using any template (including the - Blank Project - template) and Sonar will create your project with the same settings it had when you last shut Sonar down.

And existing projects remember their last-saved settings.

It is only the very, very first time you start Sonar after an install that these settings are both in "Snap By" mode.
Very confusing for a first time user.

I notice that when you start Sonar without a project or template, the toggle on the console is also in the "By" position.
That is strange. The moment I open a template, it jumps to the last-used setting, irrespective of the template.

I don't at this point know whether the last-settings memory is lost when a new version is installed. Lexington is the first time I have encounterd snap-to-grid anomalies caused by this since the the X1-3 days. And IIRC, back then I turned of the grid and manually slid every note onto the grid lines manually because I didn't understand what was going on!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account