• Software
  • Momentum for iOS/Android/Mac/Win/VST/AU/AAX by Cakewalk - Uh Oh (p.10)
2017/10/14 20:50:19
rejonzin
I CAN'T WAIT, IT IS JUST WHAT I NEED!!!
2017/10/14 20:51:08
rejonzin
I CAN'T WAIT, IT IS JUST PERFECT FOR ME!!!
2017/10/17 21:03:16
garrett.scroggin
For those that didn't get the email, there was another announcement today. New website with more info, including pricing estimates: https://momentum.cakewalk.com/

I filled out the form to sign up for Basic early access.
2017/10/18 01:27:27
Fleer
No. Monthly. Plan. Ever.
2017/10/18 02:47:21
cparmerlee
Fleer
No. Monthly. Plan. Ever.

Cakewalk/Gibson is free to choose the terms of their offering.  Personally I avoid recurring monthly obligations whenever I can.  Certain things cannot be avoided (electric/gas bill, health/car/home insurance, etc.)  And there are a few things that provide enough value that I pay monthly (cable and cell phone) but I am looking for ways to reduce or eliminate these.  And I run a few websites, and those services are inherently subscriptions -- but I have selected technologies where I can easily move to another provider.

Beyond that, I just don't do monthly stuff.  I haven't had a car loan for 35 years.  If you live with a cheap used car and save your money for awhile, you can pay cash for whatever car you want.  It isn't so easy to avoid a mortgage, but it really is possible without living in a mountain shack.

I am probably not the target customer for Momentum and I certainly will not take up a subscription.  It is a shame because I don't mind paying a fair one-time price for a product like that.  It looks cool, but I'd probably only use it 10 times a year.
2017/10/18 03:51:40
Fleer
Death and taxes, Craig, death and taxes.
2017/10/18 04:37:34
cparmerlee
Fleer
Death and taxes, Craig, death and taxes.

I was going to tell you how I avoid both of those, but I think I might get in a bit of trouble.  :)
2017/10/19 02:32:48
Fleer
I stopped being a lawyer. It helped.
2017/10/22 23:23:24
seriousfun
I'm trying it out under Early Access.

Where do I download the VST plugin?

Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
SEVerstraten
I would assume the ideas captured in the app are saved somewhere in ' the cloud'. Will there also be a hassle free offline way to  sync these idea's to the DAW? A of members here have their main machine offline.

Cloud and offline use are not synonymous :) So to sync something you will at least temporarily need to be online on some PC. You could also sync on a different online PC and then bring over that project to your DAW manually using what ever manual method you use today. Once we're close to release we'll have more videos and content to show how seamless the integration with a DAW is.

2017/10/23 01:34:27
RSMCGUITAR
seriousfun
I'm trying it out under Early Access.

You're trying Momentum? Where did you get it? I signed up for early access but haven't gotten an e-mail or anything.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account