• Software
  • Momentum for iOS/Android/Mac/Win/VST/AU/AAX by Cakewalk - Uh Oh (p.4)
2017/09/28 02:18:53
michaelhanson
I hope it does more than just recording ideas that you can then move to a DAW. The iPhone Voice Recorder is already a quick way to record a demo.
2017/09/28 03:35:00
garrett.scroggin
I for one am excited that they are attempting anything composition related on a mobile platform. The port of Z3TA is great, but I would love a full compositional song writing tool. I'm a huge fan the iPad (or just tablets in general) as it had opened up a word of possibilities for me with both writing and live perform. If Momentum is half as good as Xewton Music Studio and somehow integrates with Sonar I'll be hella excited. I've written a ton of stuff in Music Studio while traveling but it's still a PITA to get it exported, import it as MIDI, clean up the tracks, transpose stuff...on and on it goes. It's understandable if you can't load a Sonar project one-for-one on an iPad, but having general project file compatibility for the basics (say minus 3rd party plugins or other heavy lifting stuff) would be amazeballz!

I just hope it's not a repeat or v2 of ScratchPad...the world needs another loop builder like I need herpes.
2017/09/28 03:35:04
garrett.scroggin
Double post for some reason...
2017/09/28 04:06:08
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
If you have ever tried moving an idea you captured in your IOS environment to a PC or mac or even another device you might be aware of how horribly slow and convoluted that experience is :)

We hope that once you try it you will agree that there is nothing out there that has this level of simplicity to capture and access ideas anywhere on any device. Creativity is all about immediacy and being able to capture or access musical ideas without getting bogged down with sharing services and other time consuming cross platform constraints.

2017/09/28 04:34:52
anxiousmofo
Was excited to see an app announcement, but was sad to see it wasn't a controller for Sonar.
2017/09/28 06:21:38
SEVerstraten
I would assume the ideas captured in the app are saved somewhere in ' the cloud'. Will there also be a hassle free offline way to  sync these idea's to the DAW? A of members here have their main machine offline.
2017/09/28 08:59:15
fitzj
witty. lol

2017/09/28 11:53:13
The Maillard Reaction
2017/09/28 12:02:03
Fleer
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
If you have ever tried moving an idea you captured in your IOS environment to a PC or mac or even another device you might be aware of how horribly slow and convoluted that experience is :)

We hope that once you try it you will agree that there is nothing out there that has this level of simplicity to capture and access ideas anywhere on any device. Creativity is all about immediacy and being able to capture or access musical ideas without getting bogged down with sharing services and other time consuming cross platform constraints.

^^^ this
2017/09/28 12:04:17
Jesse G
Fleer
I'm having a moment. Um.

Nice one Fleer 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account