• Software
  • Momentum for iOS/Android/Mac/Win/VST/AU/AAX by Cakewalk - Uh Oh (p.6)
2017/09/28 17:36:07
pwalpwal
michaelhanson
IOS doesn't take any longer than Android. Upload to Drop Box, then Import to Sonar directly from Drop Box. It's very simple and easy.

it does take longer, with android you can plug a device into a pc usb port and it shows up as an external hd, no logins, no internet, no special software...
2017/09/28 18:08:49
Jim Roseberry
pwalpwal
michaelhanson
IOS doesn't take any longer than Android. Upload to Drop Box, then Import to Sonar directly from Drop Box. It's very simple and easy.

it does take longer, with android you can plug a device into a pc usb port and it shows up as an external hd, no logins, no internet, no special software...

Have to completely agree...
Android... you simply drag/drop and you're done.
You have direct access to your files... and can do whatever you'd like.

With Apple:
Dropbox works... but is not nearly as simple/elegant as direct access to your files.  
Why should I need iTunes or Dropbox to access *my* files?
Convolution for convolution's sake...  
2017/09/28 19:06:29
michaelhanson
Well, I just sent a file to Drop Box from my iPhone and it took less than 3 seconds, so I don't see this as being that slow.   It's literally faster than I could plug in a Lighting cord.  I am always logged in.  Yes, you have to have an internet connection to down load, but not to up load from iPhone. 

It's not inconvenient because I already use DB for business and it links all of my computers at once.  The band I work with also uses DB and Google for file sharing on collabs.  

So maybe not as elegant, but pretty simple in my view.  I guess to each his own.  
2017/09/28 19:22:14
sharke
yorolpal
I follow the Mitch Hedburg rule.  I try and keep a pad and pencil or my phone handy in case I get an idea for a new song.  But if I think of one when they are not around...I just convince myself my idea's not that good anyway.

I wrote my friend a letter using a highlighting pen, but he could not read it. He thought I was trying to show him certain parts of a piece of paper.

2017/09/28 19:30:32
sharke
I think this is going to be a whole lot more than just syncing files to the cloud, in terms of organizational features that are geared toward capturing and arranging musical ideas. Nobody's going to buy an app just to sync files, so it's obviously above and beyond that. 

It looks quite interesting to me. I often have time to kill between jobs or appointments when I'm sat around in a coffee shop either blindly looking at social media or reading a book. So maybe this will give me one more time killing option, one that's actually useful. 

I always think it's strange how people dismiss stuff like this before they've even seen what it is. 

And as for anyone being surprised that it features Ableton in the teaser and not Sonar - well this is clearly geared to be independent of any particular DAW. So if they have to show a DAW in the promotion, they might as well show one that's popular with Millennials. They are, after all, the biggest market for mobile apps. Might be a good way of herding some non-Sonar users into the Cakewalk stable anyway. I presume that whomever buys and registers with this app is going to be getting a ton of Cakewalk promotions directed toward their inbox. 

2017/09/28 21:12:27
paulo
sharke

I presume that whomever buys and registers with this app is going to be getting a ton of Cakewalk promotions directed toward their inbox. 

I'm not sure whether to admire your optimism or laugh at it. There are many folks on these forums that have been practically begging CW to send them emails for years who still never get them. 

As for the "teaser".....about as alluring as a video of Bapu playfully tugging at his week old undershreddies IMO.

2017/09/28 21:24:08
bapu
Note to self: Improve quality of videos for paulo.
2017/09/28 21:45:56
paulo
bapu
Note to self: Improve quality of videos for paulo.

Or stop sending them.
2017/09/29 05:01:44
Fleer
:)
2017/09/29 06:28:57
pwalpwal
what's with the "scratchy old film" effect?
definitely ableton live @ 0:28
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account