2018/02/26 17:33:02
Cactus Music
I'm sure everyone here who has a Focusrite interface has done this. I'm a little slow on the uptake. 
I did download the Scarlett Plug in Suite back ? years ago when I bought the interface but can't remember using them. 

Anyways in the mood for something free I logged on and followed the links to the different offerings there. 
First was the what seems to be monthly? offerings that I guess are different from time to time. This months were 3 plug ins from Audio Thing-
I was looking forward to the SR 88 drum machine hoping it would sound like one of those old Roland Comp Rhythm boxes but it was the most disappointing plug in of all time sounding like?? well,, nothing. 
Then there were 2 Tube things that all they seemed to do was make a track go from sounding fine to sounding like distorted garbage? I guess there purpose eludes me. I uninstalled all 3. :( 

Next the Scarlett plug in suite - These are real good and I will use them. Not sure if they are better than say a Pro channel module but the look better :)  

The Red Plug ins?  Don't see why they offer them as they seem like lower quality versions of the Scarlett effects. I deleted them. :( 

Then the best of all you got to pick a XLN AD Piano Pak. I had just installed the AD piano freebie a week or so ago and now use it for most of my projects. I still find the Air mini grand cuts through better, but I'm having issues with that one not saving it's parameters. I have had no issues with the octave limitation of AD keys. I was very tempted to gradb the full version,,  but I grabbed the Mark One instead and this is also going to be my go-to Electric now. Doesn't quite do the Wurly but certainly covers all things Rhodes. :) 
2018/02/26 19:49:40
Starise
Those are all pretty good plug ins. I haven't had the time to use them yet. I already had the AD Keys. I didn't use them much either. I'm usually tickling real ivories... AD nice sounds though.

My gas might finally be winding down.
2018/03/10 00:23:43
Cactus Music
Just an update, The more I use Addictive Keys the more I use Addictive keys! 
I never run into a problem with the missing notes as they are obviously out of the range of the style of piano I play and use in my music. It cuts through in a mix. Goodbye True Pianos and Air Mini Grand. 

And the Focusrite freebie of the MARK one add pak has been another end of a quest for me. My beloved Mr Tramp is 32 bit and I'm reluctant to use it anymore. But The Mark one does it just fine. It covers all the EP sounds for me and the editing and effects are top shelf.  So goodbye Mr Tramp, Lounge Lizard, SI piano and Air Velvet. 

2018/03/10 17:50:25
abacab
I have liked the Addictive Keys Studio Grand freebie ever since downloading it.  It has a very sweet tone, and loads up fast. The ability to explore different mic placements and mixes allows for a lot of tone shaping.  Fascinating!

I now prefer it over the TruePianos, Eighty-Eight Ensemble, or Mini-Grand.  Can't beat this for the price!

The 4 octave range fits perfectly on a 49 key controller! 

May have to keep an eye out for a sale on a full version now! 

The Mark One also sounds interesting. With Mark One + Velvet, you could have both the Rhodes and Wurli covered!
2018/03/11 17:12:45
Cactus Music
You can get the Mark One to growl a lot try the Sample shift. Hard right. 
So far nothing does Wurly for me like Mr Tramp. It's the only 32 bit VST I have left. But I'm always reluctant to use it. 
2018/03/11 21:31:54
dubdisciple
The scarlett freebies are decent. The softube suite is awesome. The other offerings vary. A few months back they gave away the aas suite that came with sonar.
2018/03/12 13:07:24
tobiaslindahl
Thanks for the heads up on this!  Didn't go for the plugs but the XLN Mark One, excellent! 
2018/03/16 14:34:32
Zargg
I've got more value in plugins, than what I paid for my Focusrite Solo last year.
There are some goodies among those freebies. Especially the Softube bundle.
All the best.
2018/03/16 20:51:58
marled
The same is true for me!

First, I was intoxicated getting all those plugins, each month a new toy! But to be honest, most of them I have never really used and lately I cleaned out my plugin layout in Sonar and most of them fell out. These are the only ones left:
- XLN audio Studio Grand
- Softube Drawmer S73
- Eventide 2016 Stereo Room
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account