• Software
  • Helpful support from Native Instruments (p.2)
2018/03/04 15:40:14
Soundwise
I've had nothing but excellent support from NI. They were very responsive to my request and solved arguable issue in my favor. Top-notch company with top-notch services and instruments!
2018/03/04 18:18:13
Jeff Evans
A lot of issues can relate to the internet.  I am on fast broadband connection here and there is never any issue downloading a large file such as an install file from Native Instruments.  The shorter the download time the tendency is for those files to work.  The Thrill install is over 45 gig now and that is quite a lot for just one instrument.  Native Access handled all that for me very efficiently. 

I would definitely get Komplete 11 on the drive.  It seems like a better way to go.  You should be able to plug that drive into more than one PC and access the sounds.

Arturia's Software Centre seems to work fine for me too.  Excellent at checking versions, downloading and installing easily too.

I think they are good in many ways. I don't mind the program creators creating their own installers as long as they work nice.  Many seem to coexist on the same machine for me as well.  They have improved installation processes and they are faster.  You have to keep the software installers up to date too.  Many look after themselves that way such as Waves Central. I have found Waves Central takes its time doing stuff and you need to be patient.  

2018/03/04 18:42:23
marled
It seems you have quite other experiences or at least another manner to deal with those installers. For me they are just a pain in the ...

I do not have such a fast internet connection, I live in the country side. And I think many towners forget that there are also people living outside of centers (if we are people for them!). Sometimes we have even a broken internet line for several days (storms), so having all depending on the net is not so cool for us!
2018/03/04 21:06:28
paulo
Jeff Evans

I would definitely get Komplete 11 on the drive.  It seems like a better way to go.  You should be able to plug that drive into more than one PC and access the sounds.

It doesn't work like that. As the whole package is  155GB or so I went for the HD thinking that it would be a plug in and play type thing that would just hook up to the pc as is and then read direct from the HD so no big downloads and no hours of waiting for installs.  It doesn't do that. Not only that, but it also wouldn't even install from the HD as NI Access insisted upon dowloading it all anyway even though it recognised that the HD was present and connected. I never got an answer to why it was doing that and why that was necessary, so to this day I'm still wondering exactly what is the point of the HD?
2018/03/04 22:02:26
Rbh
Kev999
Jeff Evans
...have quite a lot of Native stuff and for me Native Access has been totally fine for me...

On my system the GUI doesn't display properly. It's mostly blank with a few blue shapes and no text.

I have the same issue -from what I can gather, the problem on my system is that the graphics card needs to be open GL2.0 or higher compliance. I have an older graphics card that is GL 1. something or other. It was a very high end graphics card for it's time, and I don't feel the need to update NI as bad as I feel the need to not spend more money on hardware. It's just fancier picture graphics, so it's not at all important - but they lose my sale until I have a better need to update what isn't broke.
2018/03/05 13:31:38
marled
Rbh
Kev999
Jeff Evans
...have quite a lot of Native stuff and for me Native Access has been totally fine for me...

On my system the GUI doesn't display properly. It's mostly blank with a few blue shapes and no text.

I have the same issue -from what I can gather, the problem on my system is that the graphics card needs to be open GL2.0 or higher compliance. I have an older graphics card that is GL 1. something or other. It was a very high end graphics card for it's time, and I don't feel the need to update NI as bad as I feel the need to not spend more money on hardware. It's just fancier picture graphics, so it's not at all important - but they lose my sale until I have a better need to update what isn't broke.

The NI developers are very strong in that, just using newest stuff and not supporting older hard- and software! Sometimes I think developers should get the poorest, oldest hardware to learn how to write efficient code that runs on any contemporary machine!
2018/03/06 20:21:21
Kev999
Rbh
Kev999

Apparently OpenGL v2.1 is required and my 2 Matrox cards only support v2.0. Updating the drivers didn't change anything.
2018/03/06 20:25:13
Kev999
marled
...I do not have such a fast internet connection, I live in the country side. And I think many towners forget that there are also people living outside of centers (if we are people for them!). Sometimes we have even a broken internet line for several days (storms), so having all depending on the net is not so cool for us!

Software companies need to stop assuming that everyone lives in a city.
2018/03/06 21:50:22
BobF
marled
I do not have such a fast internet connection, I live in the country side.

Same here.  I still have a couple 30G instruments to download from K11U that I bought months ago.  I have to share a 4Mb x 768Kb internet pipe with the wife, so it's a PITA at times.

2018/03/07 19:16:38
marled
Thanks chaps, it feels good not to be alone!
Well, I really love to live here out in the woods! It's great! Wild animals, the calm, Nature, good relation to the far neighbors when you see them once a week and just your kingdom!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account