2018/03/06 18:13:58
Jesse Screed
Hello, if you could get SD3 for 20% off, would that be a good deal?

I don't believe I can do the crossgrade because I do not have a qualifying product, so this would be off the $399 price.

Any thought?

Thanks JQS
2018/03/06 20:13:14
reginaldStjohn
You could try to find a used version of SD2 and use it to upgrade to SD3?  Just a thought.
2018/03/07 04:30:36
bitflipper
Although we often see discounts on add-ons such as presets, MIDI packs and kits, it's rare to see the core product discounted. So yeah, I'd jump on it -- assuming, of course, that Superior Drummer is really what you need and want. And want it badly enough to drop 300+ bucks on it.

I did. Three times. Four if you count Drumkit from Hell, their first product.
2018/03/07 15:46:57
highlandermak
Silly question, would AD2 be a good alternative or is the quality not as good? Thanks
2018/03/07 16:10:18
Slugbaby
highlandermak
Silly question, would AD2 be a good alternative or is the quality not as good? Thanks

I've got SD2 and AD2.
AD is my go-to, and i've recorded a couple of great albums with it.

I WANT to use SD, but get in over my head since I'm not that experienced with micing real drums (and it's got TONS of flexibility and detail for that).  SD even has a great tutorial series on Creative Live that I took - it's an amazing program.
2018/03/07 17:56:29
Genghis
As an alternate perspective on that question, I have AD2, BFD3, Sup Drum 3, and a few others.  I haven't even bothered re-registering AD2 since the last big Windows 10 update because it has been so long since I've even used it.  I guess maybe I should just uninstall it to regain drive space at this point.

For SD3 at a discount I'd say go for it.  It is my number 1 at this point, although I can get great results from BFD3 as well.  SD3 has it beat as far as the interface goes, but both are very flexible and great sounding plugins.
2018/03/07 19:37:16
Jesse Screed
Thanks for all the advice.  I guess I don't really need it.  I have AD2, Session Drummer (which I never use,) and Jamstix 4, which I use a lot.

I do like new things to challenge myself with, and see that Superior Drummer 3 has a plethora of knobs, choices, and what nots.  It might be fun to stretch my mind.  Plus, I have heard good things about the kits.

So yea, I guess it really depends on whether I want to drop $325 dollars.  If it is a great deal I might take the chance to learn something new and "complicated." which might interfere with my down and dirty recording style.

I have a couple days to decide.

Thanks for the input, it has been valuable in my decision process.

JQS
2018/03/08 13:44:40
Makzimia
+1 on SD3. I have BFD3 and SD3. Before they did the upgrade to SD, I was using BFD3, it's feeling sad and unused now.
2018/03/08 17:43:40
BJZ
SD3 is a killer drum app.
2018/03/11 19:27:50
Jesse Screed
Well. I decided to take some of my own advice that I often dispensed to others.  I am going to explore the tools I already have, and eek out the last drop of blood from them all, because they all obviously have great features and nuances that make them special too.  But I do feel a little left out; probably because i can't pump myself up knowing I have a shiny new toy, and hang with the cool kids on the playground

So, I didn't make the purchase for SD 3.  I now have an extra $300 to buy food and gasoline.

jqs
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account