2015/06/08 09:41:45
Doktor Avalanche
Thanks for your help here. I know you guys are having a tough time at the moment and it's good to see this sort of interaction in these forums. Thanks again.. I will check my registry again later.
2015/06/08 12:43:57
Doktor Avalanche
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
 You might want to try searching for any other "Contents Folder" keys. 

OK I found...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents folder
Points to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Contents folder
Points to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

However these are not where my samples live.

What is the purpose of these hives (what is it expecting?) and where exactly should they point to?
Note Dim Pro and Rap 1 seems to work.

Many Thanks...
2015/06/08 14:32:09
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
There's a slight variation with Rapture 1 and Dimension Pro here. Dimension Pro has a separate key for the multisample path (which I'm guessing is set correctly since the migration worked and you've been using DP successfully), but Rapture 1 does not. So Rapture Pro checks the overall contents folder for Rapture 1 and the multisample specific key for Dimension Pro. There's also further variations on these keys depending on which version of Rapture or Dimension Pro you would have installed originally on your system. 

Long story short, just make sure:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents Folder

is pointing to where your Rapture 1 content is currently located, then both Rapture 1 and Rapture Pro will be able to find the multisamples properly. 

One quick further note, Rapture Pro allows you to re-set your Sample Data location each time you run the core installer, so for those not as adept at making registry edits, you can have the installer do it for you, then move the multisamples manually (Windows). On Mac OS re-running the installer will automatically move the multisamples for you.
2015/06/08 15:36:59
dantarbill
I'm also fighting with registry entries pointing to multisample paths.  I've seen that there are Rapture registry keys in a number of places for new and legacy Rapture instances...
Rapture reg keys…
64 bit…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rple
32 bit…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture LE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\rp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\rple

Rapture Pro reg keys…
64 bit…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0
32 bit…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0

I was trying to get all my sample content out on my F: drive...which worked for the legacy Dim Pro content under...
F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro
Old Rapture content seemed to also want to see a couple of other directories (something like LFO and tunings).  Since the disk footprint was relatively small (compared to Dim Pro) I was happy enough to leave the Rapture stuff pointing to a location on the C: drive...
C:\Music\Plugins\DXi\Cakewalk\Rapture

I thought everything was fat dumb and happy since Rapture Pro had separate multisample reg entries for Dim and Rap.  I went through Dim Pro, Rapture and Rapture Pro and verified that the patches seemed to work.

Then...

I tried installing the new Rapture Pro content.  Where do you think it installed the new multisamples?

I'll make it easy on you.  It didn't install in either the multisample dim or multsample rap paths.  It put them all in...
F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Rapture Pro\Multisamples
...which is pointed to by nothing in the registry...AND...none of the patches appear in Rapture Pro.

I'm pretty sure I can get this sorted out again in an evening, but I would have to say that the installers have some issues.

2015/06/08 16:10:36
Doktor Avalanche
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Long story short, just make sure:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents Folder

is pointing to where your Rapture 1 content is currently located, then both Rapture 1 and Rapture Pro will be able to find the multisamples properly. 

Thanks but I'm not 100% clear what the definition of "content" is exactly...

Should...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents folder
 be the same value as...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Multisamples Folder

and...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Contents
be the same value as...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Dim Multisamples Path

?

Many Thanks :)
2015/06/08 16:21:23
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Contents Folder refers to a bunch of different components, but they're not quite exactly the same between Dimension and Rapture 1. Rapture 1 keys it's multisamples off Contents Folder. Dimension Pro does not. 

So ultimately what we should see is:

HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Rap Multisamples Path 
=
HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents Folder

and

HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Dim Multisamples Path
=
HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Multisamples Folder
2015/06/08 17:22:38
Doktor Avalanche
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Contents Folder refers to a bunch of different components, but they're not quite exactly the same between Dimension and Rapture 1. Rapture 1 keys it's multisamples off Contents Folder. Dimension Pro does not. 

So ultimately what we should see is:

HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Rap Multisamples Path 
=
HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents Folder

and

HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Dim Multisamples Path
=
HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Multisamples Folder

Right I think I'm clear now!!!!
That's what it's set up now. No real change in behaviour at my end but it's all good behaviour.
Many thanks...!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account