2015/06/11 08:31:06
amiller
I installed Rapture Pro and just accepted the defaults.  Rapture Pro installed on the sys (C:) drive including the content.  I would like to move the content to a "content/samples" drive.  How do I tell Rapture Pro where to look for the moved content?
2015/06/11 09:01:09
scook
Rapture Pro uses registry key SampleDataDir in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software. The default value for this key is "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data." There is a "Rapture Pro" folder here containing "LFO Waveforms", Multisamples and Tunings.

I believe the new installer permits reseting the value for SampleDataDir. I am not sure it will move the existing content so you would have to copy the rest of the expansion packs by hand or re-install them.

Another way is directly edit the registry and modify SampleDataDir

Or use mklink and create a directory junction for the folder being moved. This could be Rapture Pro or just the Multisamples folder under it. There are numerous examples of moving folders with mklink. A Google search using
site:forum.cakewalk.com scook mklink
should bring up quite a few threads describing the process. If you have a specific source and target you need help with, I can give you the exact syntax for the command.
2015/06/11 09:23:34
Doktor Avalanche
Sadly no settings for this still in the UI:
http://forum.cakewalk.com...registry-m3235502.aspx
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account