• Software
  • Best method for porting over old sonar projects to reaper? (p.2)
I recently (well back on Dec 31, 2017) took an older project from Sonar and one by one rendered the audio tracks to wave. Then one by one I dragged and dropped the waves into Reaper. Lastly I exported all the midi from Sonar with a "Save As", and upon importing that into Reaper, got a dialog where I was able to say expand to individual tracks, so my midi parts each got their own tracks in Reaper. The end result turned out pretty well. It's the first song that plays from the link in my Sig.

The original Sonar project was setup to play drums and Hammond B3 to external rack mounted hardware synths that I no longer own. Once I had the tracks in Reaper, I used all new FX and for the drums I used Superior Drummer 2 and Native Instruments B4 organ for the Hammond B3. The new version of this project is light years from what the original Sonar version sounded like.
2018/01/25 18:14:45
tubeydude
Azslow,  i will keep an eye out for the converter.  That would be amazing! 

2018/01/25 18:28:04
azslow3
abacab
Hey @azslow3, I do admire your determination to put together a Reaper converter for CWP! I really hope you can pull this off!!!

The first RPP is already printed
Just with named tracks...

At the moment that is command line native Linux executable (60kB in size). So the next step is cross-compiling into Windows Reaper project importer plug-in.

Planned features for the first alpha are:
* tempo map
* tracks with clips (only), without care about take lanes, overlapping behavior, etc.
* midi clips
* not looped audio clips
* (may be volume/pan for tracks and corresponding automations)
* (may be simple routing throw buses, to allow at least some audition out of the box, but no sends)
* (may be instantiation of corresponding synths for MIDI tracks, one per track, without preset)
But primary target for the first alpha is making it quick (within days). It will display valuable for me single number: the number of problems within the parser (the parser is complete, it collects almost all information we need, I mean much more than I have just mentioned).

2018/01/27 17:08:04
mcdoma2000
This is awesome, azlow3! Thank you for this effort! Any chance you could share the things you learned from this effort later?
2018/01/27 18:12:24
subtlearts
I believe his intention is to share the result, though I can't speak for him. But that has certainly been indicated.
2018/03/15 05:51:54
gadeuvall2000
This project has come a long way.  I have uploaded a video showing this  project working with the  current version.

https://www.youtube.com/w..?v=VgYoFaRH114&t=5s
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account