• Software
  • SOLVED PSP Multi-installer removal for individual plugs.
2018/03/07 18:39:40
pentimentosound
 A while ago, I used the PSP multi-installer and now am thinking I'd rather just have the 19 PSP plugs that I own, in my VST list rather than scrolling through all 50 or so. I've got 800 plugins in SPLAT and wonder what the easiest way to go about this would be. 

I suppose uninstalling the multi installer and then reinstalling each of my 19 PSP plugs is the most likely way, but wonder if there's another option.
Could I remove the ones I don't have (trial versions), somehow in the Plug In Manager? Still that seems like more work, if I have to do them singly.

Any suggestions will be cheerfully appreciated! LOL
Michael
2018/03/07 19:08:44
scook
The plug-in manager has an exclude list. When plug-ins are added to the list, they still reside in the VST inventory in the registry but no longer display in SONAR plug-in menus or browser.

To add a plug-in to the exclude list: click on its entry in the Registered Plug-ins column then click the Exclude Plug-ins Button.

To remove a plug-in from the exclude list: click the "Show Excluded" radio button, click the plug-in category, click the plug-in name in the Registered Plug-ins column then click the "Enable Plug-in" button.

I believe multiple selections may be processed at a time using the standard Windows SHIFT+click and CTRL+click functions.  IIRC, the exclude list is restored to its default during a VST reset.

Another solution is move the dll and vst3 files out of the scan path then run a scan.
2018/03/07 19:25:01
marled
I love Sonar's plugin manager! It has all possibilities that you can wish! The only thing that should be added is the possibility to scan only for NEW plugins. In Samplitude this runs 100 times faster (except for the Waves shell sh**) like a Sonar plugin scan and often this is the only thing you want to do!
2018/03/07 19:56:55
pentimentosound
Thanks Steve. I haven't really explored that part of the Plug In Manager, at all, though I've looked at it to see what was "in or out of favor".
I'll give the multiple thing a try and post back.
and I'll definitely look at the scan paths, just to learn more about it.

@marled     The PIM has always worked pretty well for me, but I haven't any other DAW to compare it to, yet. Looking at your gear, makes me miss my C414b/uls pair. I don't miss my Tascam 38, though it did seem like simpler days, then!LOL
Michael 
2018/03/07 20:16:28
scook
marled
The only thing that should be added is the possibility to scan only for NEW plugins.

This is how the SONAR scanner works unless the two "Rescan" setting are enabled in scan options. Unlike the image on help page, they are off by default. There options are rarely needed.
2018/03/07 20:41:09
marled
scook
marled
The only thing that should be added is the possibility to scan only for NEW plugins.

This is how the SONAR scanner works unless the two "Rescan" setting are enabled in scan options. Unlike the image on help page, they are off by default. There options are rarely needed.

Thanks scook! I always set the "Rescan existing plugins" to off, but the other one I had enabled (strange that it caused a full scan). If I also disable the failed plugins, then it does really only scan the NEW ones. But nevertheless the scan takes about 10 times longer than in Samplitude! I wonder why?

@pentimentosound: Yes, I am glad that I never sold my C414B-ULS. I often use it for vocals. Concerning tape recording I still think that working with hardware recorders I was much more productive, creative and focused to the music. Today I do "play" too much with the computer and the plugins, and always looking for new stuff! But probably that is my fault or I am just too old!
2018/03/07 20:49:42
pentimentosound
Just to be clear, all but 1 of my 19 purchased PSP plugs have been in use for a while ... just added another last month. I ran the multi-installer about 2 years ago, after buying several and having to update a couple. I don't like having to scroll through all 50 of PSP's plugs to find one of my 19.

Yeah, marled, I feel like that often. Just turned 69 and spent 2 weeks on restoring/rebuilding my studio PC. I love the music side WAY MORE than the PC side! LOL     However, when I saw what could be done with ProAudio 9, I bought a PC and a copy. I don't really regret that at all......... though I gripe a bit now and then! LOL

Michael
2018/03/07 20:56:31
pentimentosound
So my whole PSP folder is in Program Files> Steinberg>VSTPlugins.

But just removing the dlls, isn't enough (not counting the rescan)?

Michael
2018/03/07 21:03:50
marled
pentimentosound
... spent 2 weeks on restoring/rebuilding my studio PC...
I don't really regret that at all......... though I gripe a bit now and then! LOL

Michael

The same here (2 weeks + don't regret + gripe), LOL !
2018/03/07 21:10:03
marled
pentimentosound
So my whole PSP folder is in Program Files> Steinberg>VSTPlugins.

But just removing the dlls, isn't enough (not counting the rescan)?

Michael

It depends whether you are using an own plugin menu layout. If yes, then you have also to remove the (inactive) plugins now.

Marc
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account