• Software
  • SOLVED PSP Multi-installer removal for individual plugs. (p.2)
2018/03/07 21:14:48
scook
SONAR creates the list of available plug-ins from the registry. That list gets displayed in SONAR based on the plug-in layouts selected unless using a custom layout. Custom layouts are user maintained displays based on a snapshot of the plug-ins available at the time the layout was built.

The registry entries are built for DX plug-ins when installed by running regsvr.exe (usually done automatically be the installer) and by the vst scanner for VST2 and VST3 plug-ins.

Simply moving or deleting plug-ins out of the scan path does not affect the registry. The scaner keeps the VST inventory in the registry correct.
2018/03/07 21:23:31
pentimentosound
I don't know if I am using an "own plugin menu" or at least must not be since I didn't create one that window doesn't show one, other than Platinum Effects in the pull down.

@ Steve     Yup. I can exclude multiple plugs at once, so now I just need to go through what comes with what.
Sometimes like Vintage Warmer, you also get Micro Warmer, and there are old versions ie Vintage Warmer vs Vintage Warmer 2

Thanks
I'll post back once I have it sorted.
Michael
2018/03/07 21:27:41
pentimentosound
scook

Simply moving or deleting plug-ins out of the scan path does not affect the registry. The scaner keeps the VST inventory in the registry correct.

Does that mean I need to remove them from the registry, too, then? Or is it "OK" that all the trial versions stay there?
Michael
2018/03/07 21:33:27
scook
Custom layouts include the old Platinum Effects layout (I believe Cakewalk stopped maintaining that layout a while back). By default SONAR uses the "Sort by Category" layout. The first of the three dynamic "Sort by" layouts. These are built on the fly and show all available plug-ins. All the other layouts are static files that need user edits to keep current.
2018/03/07 21:38:17
pentimentosound
Yeah, Sort by Category is where I've stayed.........   I don't venture into areas unless I know what goes on there
and can find my way back. LOL

So it terms of IK stuff I could remove the VST3 instruments and only show the VST2 ones, too. Hmmmm
Michael
2018/03/07 21:38:46
scook
pentimentosound
Does that mean I need to remove them from the registry, too, then? Or is it "OK" that all the trial versions stay there?

No. The VST scanner is responsible for that task. If a dll or vst3 file is not in the scan path, the scanner removes the entry from the registry.
2018/03/07 21:43:26
scook
pentimentosound
So it terms of IK stuff I could remove the VST3 instruments and only show the VST2 ones, too. Hmmmm

You could but unless there is a reason to favor VST2 over VST3, I would suggest doing the opposite. There are a few manufacturers who take shortcuts with VST3 plug-ins but the format is the future,
2018/03/07 21:55:19
pentimentosound
I do understand about the VST3 advantages and it being the wave to ride.
I haven't used any IK instruments in a few months and perhaps it's better now, but the VST2 versions had way less "bother" than the VST3's.
I'll check on that before doing "anything drastic"! LOL
Michael
2018/03/07 22:01:41
scook
IIRC, there were reports of issues with IK VST3 plug-ins. I do not use IK products and have no idea what their status is now.
2018/03/07 22:09:13
pentimentosound
Yeah, I have not paid attention to that in a while. It's a good time to catch up on it now.
The CW forum was quite helpful in that regard with the IK instruments. I don't think I had any issues with the FX from T-Racks, which I've now updated to T-Racks 5 .

Michael
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account