2011/03/08 22:21:34
ShermanSmelville
I loved P5 1.5 . Remember the cool box that v.1 came in? Version 2 was starting to get a bit complex- maybe it could be seen as diverting interest from Sonar.

I would love a 64bit, multi core supporting 1.5!!!

It's never going to happen alas...

2011/03/31 03:03:30
rickyjack12
This software is a killer, I own both sonar 7 producer edition( which I find horrible to work with) and Project 5, I can create a very good tune extremely fast with Project5! While with Sonar......it takes ages, you spend more time playing with the gadgets than the actual creation.
2011/04/24 19:39:28
radio

I 100% agree P5 is some much easier to create songs with , I have Sonar Home Studio 7 XL and after using it before I got a hold of P5 I hated it .
When Blipp turned me on to P5 SHS7XL was history , I have created so many good tunes with my copy of Project 5 and I'm still happy with how it works .

CakeWalk in my opinon lost out by dropping P5 , I guess it was too good compaired to Sonar so they dropped it so they could sell their higher end Sonar products .
Who knows but I'm glad I purchased my copy before they disappeared .

Radio
2011/05/19 23:33:49
johnsonkid
I'm with you p5 is easy to create tracks on like nothing I have ever used, and further more because it lacks some things it lets you focus on the music instead on focusing on getting parts that you not going to keep perfect, but that's just me.

2011/05/21 14:49:53
JClosed
Yeah - My primary use of P5 is like a "scratchpad". I can test out ideas in a fast way. I than can incorporate the outcome in Sonar X1, add the audio stuff etc. and do the final mixing in X1. In that way you use the specific power of each program. For me P5 is not a great program to do mixing and (for me a limited bit with my knowledge) mastering. At the other hand - X1 is a bit limited in editing MIDI. It is not easy to just click a loop and edit only that part, because you are always taken to the now-time and you have to search where the h**l the part was gone you want to edit. Very annoying...

So - the combination X1 and P5 is a very strong one.
2015/08/17 01:58:45
tml
I wish they still developed P5.  I just installed 2.5 again after all these years and it is depressing thinking about how good this version and what could of been.  I would much rather use P5 then Sonar as it is really inspiring to write something in.
2015/08/17 10:00:43
BobF
Discussion is here
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3245438

We can pretty much forget ever seeing a new version of P5.
2015/10/13 22:35:47
jimboh
Used p5 with sonar hs7 and vista liked its rewire.thinking about p5 and sonar x3 studio with w7..
2015/10/18 12:51:02
cityrat
P5 in so many ways was the Apple iPod of DAWS - but nobody knew how to market or what to do with it.  Maybe it was more like the BeOS of of DAWS.  It was so deceptively clean that it let me focus on the music w.o the interface getting in the way.  I hated it when CW dropped it, and it still influences my trust and faith in them.

It's sad that the trend is now toward the "kitchen sink" DAW that includes 5 zillon "features" and seems to suck the life out of productivity.  

2015/10/21 22:44:54
Chris in Indy
Holy crap ............... it's like a P5 reunion here. Hi'ya all. Hope your all doing great.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account