2018/02/12 20:50:33
hepnosis
Hey, i'm following up with PJ from a couple years back.  i am having his problem with Cakewalk Sound Center.  i know that there are plenty of places to find efx.  However, if you watch a Cakewalk tutuorial on the Sound Center it includes sound efx from tanks to water.  If i open Cakewalk Sound Center, under the category sound fx i have nothing listed.  i can't find where these are kept.  The tutorial looks great.  Wish i could match it.  Anybody figure this out?
2018/02/12 20:54:50
hepnosis
if you google cakewalk sound center fx you will find the mini tutorial
2018/02/12 21:55:18
scook
There may be some FX programs in Rapture Session. Since I have Rapture Pro installed I cannot see what was included with Session. I would recommend using Rapture Session to run Cakewalk Sound Center programs unless you need to use the four buttons to the right of the knobs just above the keyboard. Other than the buttons, Rapture Session is a 64bit replacement for CSC. The version of CSC bundled with the later versions of SONAR do not have FX patches.  I am not sure the standard CSC bundled with SONAR ever did. There were some MC packages and possibly some SONAR packages that included extra CSC content but it would have been clearly spelled out in the bundle. There were samples of the Hollywood FX expansion pack  for Dimension Pro on the additional content disk in SONAR 8.5 Producer. Those are the only extra special FX programs I recall ever being bundled with SONAR.
2018/02/12 22:08:11
hepnosis
thank you.   i got it now.  there is a subcategory for sound fx in CSC, but nothing is there.  i believe the tutorial i saw was from a third party offering a bundle to put into the CSC.  i have Sonar Professional that came with Sonar Session.  In some cases, found the old CSC patches better than what i found in Session.  Perhaps it's time to upgrade to Session Pro?
2018/02/12 22:20:46
scook
Rapture Session should show the CSC programs. If it does not, reinstall Rapture Session. I know if Rapture Session is installed before Dimension Pro and Rapture, their programs are not picked up by Rapture Session. The same may be true for CSC. In most cases install order does not matter but Rapture Session and Pro need to be installed be installed last. Unfortunately, there are no upgrades possible at this time. but Rapture Session was included in all of the later versions of SONAR.

DSF made most of the expansion packs for CSC. They still sell the expansion packs. Watch for their sales.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account