2018/01/18 20:04:07
melancholytechnicolour
Actually checking out the installer for 1.22 I reckon it's 64 bit ONLY for VST use, not in AU?
Am I right or am I right?
I only run Logic Pro X so that's the end of that, I suspect

2018/01/18 20:16:38
abacab
melancholytechnicolour
Actually checking out the installer for 1.22 I reckon it's 64 bit ONLY for VST use, not in AU?
Am I right or am I right?
I only run Logic Pro X so that's the end of that, I suspect

Click on the link for Rapture 1.0, if there is one in your Cakewalk account.  In there you should see Rapture 1.21 for MacOSX, followed by a Rapture 1.22 Update for MacOSX.

If I go straight to the link in my account for Rapture 1.22, I only see the Windows version.

Don't see any notes about the bit levels of the products, in any case.
2018/01/20 22:31:01
Tomas M.

i like rapture quite well. However, I have the feeling that there is potential up. a few more filters, slide to the next note in stepsequencer, ... etc.
I would have liked these and a few more features in rapture. which I discovered now is synthmaster by kv331. an absolutely undervalued synth for just 100, - €.
2018/01/20 23:29:11
abacab
Tomas M.

i like rapture quite well. However, I have the feeling that there is potential up. a few more filters, slide to the next note in stepsequencer, ... etc.
I would have liked these and a few more features in rapture. which I discovered now is synthmaster by kv331. an absolutely undervalued synth for just 100, - €.

The folks who complain that SynthMaster is difficult to approach must have never tried Rapture, LOL!

I have everything by KV331, and eagerly await the release of SynthMaster 3!  The only problem with SM is that if I open that up I do not get anything else done.  It's simply amazing what that thing can do!

But I still like the sound quality of the Cakewalk synths, as they were breaking new ground 10 years ago.  A lot of 3rd party devs have improved soft synth interface design and workflow since then though.  But I still love the sound of Rapture! 
2018/01/21 17:44:03
Velocemusic.com
Rapture has nice sounds, tweak a little here and there. But Rapture Pro couldn't load the default factory library presets since few months back. Can only use read the DSF libraries and A few other third party libraries.
2018/01/21 17:51:15
abacab
Velocemusic.com
Rapture has nice sounds, tweak a little here and there. But Rapture Pro couldn't load the default factory library presets since few months back. Can only use read the DSF libraries and A few other third party libraries.

I never bothered with Rapture Pro.  I liked Dimension Pro and Rapture fine just as they were.

Rapture Pro was developed by Cakewalk after they parted ways with Rene from RGC Audio, the original developer of most of the Cakewalk synth lineup and the sfz sample format.

With all respect to the bakers, I really don't think the remaining bakers had the synth development chops needed for the job, IMHO...
2018/01/21 20:05:45
Magic Russ
My problem with Rapture Pro is that the GUI is just not designed that well.  I can see three times the parameters in Rapture Classic, and it takes half as much screen space.

I do actually like and prefer certain things about RP better than DP and Rapture Classic.  For one, I can install it in any directory.  Its predecessors had certain paths hard coded, so that if you wanted to install the data to a second drive, you had to install symbolic links in certain directories so it could find your files.  

I also prefer RP navigation over its predecessors, as well as having a macro panel.
2018/01/21 21:36:16
TheMaartian
If I could play the Gibson Bass Collection with Rapture, I'd have no need for RP.
2018/01/22 09:38:49
Kev999
TheMaartian
If I could play the Gibson Bass Collection with Rapture, I'd have no need for RP.

If this collection consists of SFZ files, you can load any of these up in Rapture's Elements. DimPro too.
2018/01/22 14:25:12
TheMaartian
Kev999
TheMaartian

If this collection consists of SFZ files, you can load any of these up in Rapture's Elements. DimPro too.

They're .PROG files, unfortunately.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account