2018/01/22 14:34:42
scook
prog files are the program files created by Cakewalk sfz engine synths. prog files contain information about the elements and global settings for the synth. You should be able to see the settings in RP and replicate most of them in Rapture. The samples will need to be converted to a format Rapture can read. Rapture cannot load flac files.
2018/01/22 15:41:39
SimpleManZ
abacab
Velocemusic.com
Rapture has nice sounds, tweak a little here and there. But Rapture Pro couldn't load the default factory library presets since few months back. Can only use read the DSF libraries and A few other third party libraries.

I never bothered with Rapture Pro.  I liked Dimension Pro and Rapture fine just as they were.

Rapture Pro was developed by Cakewalk after they parted ways with Rene from RGC Audio, the original developer of most of the Cakewalk synth lineup and the sfz sample format.

With all respect to the bakers, I really don't think the remaining bakers had the synth development chops needed for the job, IMHO...

But, wasn't Z3TA+2 developed after Rene.
2018/01/22 21:57:01
Kev999
TheMaartian
Kev999
TheMaartian
If I could play the Gibson Bass Collection with Rapture, I'd have no need for RP.

If this collection consists of SFZ files, you can load any of these up in Rapture's Elements. DimPro too.

They're .PROG files, unfortunately.

Forget about the programs. I was talking about loading an SFZ file into an individual "Element". Look at the multisamples folder and see what is in there.
2018/01/22 23:33:10
abacab
SimpleManZ
abacab
Velocemusic.com
Rapture has nice sounds, tweak a little here and there. But Rapture Pro couldn't load the default factory library presets since few months back. Can only use read the DSF libraries and A few other third party libraries.

I never bothered with Rapture Pro.  I liked Dimension Pro and Rapture fine just as they were.

Rapture Pro was developed by Cakewalk after they parted ways with Rene from RGC Audio, the original developer of most of the Cakewalk synth lineup and the sfz sample format.

With all respect to the bakers, I really don't think the remaining bakers had the synth development chops needed for the job, IMHO...

But, wasn't Z3TA+2 developed after Rene.

I believe Z3TA+2 was released in 2011.  My first license for it was in 2012.  RGC Audio was acquired in 2005, and I am not clear when exactly Rene left Cakewalk.

Regardless, Z3TA+2 was more or less a success.  It was more of an evolutionary change that exposed more synth parameters in the UI, and enhanced the workflow.  I believe it essentially uses the same synth engine as the original.
2018/01/29 05:04:00
AT
Cake bought Z3ta and brought on René, who worked up the original Dimension in P5.  Dim Pro added a whole lot of material.  René worked on Rapture, too.  He was not involved in Rap Pro, as far as I know, although Beatscape was his, I believe.
2018/01/30 23:30:51
Anderton
Rapture Pro has:
  1. Stupifyingly bad sample and preset management
  2. A worse user interface than the original Rapture
  3. Unnecessarily difficult programming where you have to switch pages all the time even for basic stuff
  4. Inability to control levels and envelope parameters well (or predictably) with modulation
But it also has:
  1. Incredibly cool step sequencing and modulation options
  2. The six elements (and ability to do one note per channel) is great for MIDI guitar
  3. The audio engine handles transpositions remarkably well
  4. The Instrument page makes parameter tweaking really simple
  5. No other synthesizer I've found can create the same kinds of patches as Rapture Pro, or offers the same kind of creative potential
So you have three choices:
  • Just look at the top lines 1-4 and dismiss Rapture because you think it sucks.
  • Just look at the bottom lines 1-5 and think Rapture is effing awesome.
  • Look at both the top and bottom sets of lines and use Rapture to do effing awesome stuff even though some parts of it really suck.
As to me, I'll be more distressed if I can't use Rapture Pro any more compared to if I can't use Sonar any more. There are other DAWs; there aren't other Rapture Pros.

2018/02/03 03:37:32
Fog
it's an awful update. and I was well suss when it came out.. it didn't add as much as say zeta 2
2018/02/03 12:03:25
abacab
Z3TA+2 was a solid update.  It added a lot of improvements to the workflow of a very decent synth.

From Simon Cann's website, 'noise sculpture' and the book 'Cakewalk Synthesizers: from Presets to Power User'

Z3TA+2 Update
Since the publication of Cakewalk Synthesizers: From Presets to Power User, second edition, Z3TA+ has undergone a major upgrade becoming Z3TA+2.

Free PDF book covering the update
https://noisesculpture.co...oads/cs2-z2-update.zip
2018/02/03 12:23:41
abacab
And as a bonus on the Z2TA+2 interface, it will recognize a Windows gamepad joystick if you enable the function in the x-y controller on the performance page. 
2018/02/09 05:17:44
mumpcake
Anderton
Rapture Pro has:
  1. Stupifyingly bad sample and preset management
  2. A worse user interface than the original Rapture
  3. Unnecessarily difficult programming where you have to switch pages all the time even for basic stuff
  4. Inability to control levels and envelope parameters well (or predictably) with modulation
But it also has:
  1. Incredibly cool step sequencing and modulation options
  2. The six elements (and ability to do one note per channel) is great for MIDI guitar
  3. The audio engine handles transpositions remarkably well
  4. The Instrument page makes parameter tweaking really simple
  5. No other synthesizer I've found can create the same kinds of patches as Rapture Pro, or offers the same kind of creative potential

I've noticed that most of the negatives you list come from the upgrade to Rapture Pro, where most of the positives come from the classic Rapture.

Which leads me to ask, how much influence did you have over this project?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account