• SONAR
  • Cakewak by BandLab vs Splat, my experience so far
2018/12/30 17:06:31
micv
I installed and have used CbB for a few weeks now and have done comparison with SPlat, and I might need to stay with Splat for now:
First, project load.  For the same project, with my typical plug-ins and VST instruments, CbB took on the two to three times as long to open. I measured this many times on several projects. So looks like CbB changed something in loading VST, and making it worse.
Second, export audio.  In CbB when export audio in real-time, the Track View, stuttered, freeze: the now time doesn't move, and then jumps to a time and freeze again.  The Console view is fine however.  Also I consistently get audio dropout alert when rendering, but the exported audio seems ok.
SPlat has none of these issues with the exact project and audio settings.

2018/12/30 17:20:55
Just Another Bloke
Check your CbB VST settings. Maybe you are doing a full scan at startup?
2018/12/30 17:21:31
Just Another Bloke
As for the other stuff, I've not experienced those issues.
2018/12/30 18:03:13
cyberzip
@micv - sorry to hear you're having issues. I haven't taken the CbB plunge myself yet. :P

Try asking about this in the new forum instead and use a title for your topic that describes your problems, and you might get help from Noel or Jesse!

Best of luck!
2018/12/30 18:45:21
micv
Just Another Bloke
Check your CbB VST settings. Maybe you are doing a full scan at startup?

Not doing a full scan. 

2018/12/30 18:46:27
micv
cyberzip
@micv - sorry to hear you're having issues. I haven't taken the CbB plunge myself yet. :P

Try asking about this in the new forum instead and use a title for your topic that describes your problems, and you might get help from Noel or Jesse!

Best of luck!

thanks for the heads-up
2018/12/31 06:11:56
micv
The issue was CbB process was set to 'run in compatibility mode for Window 7'.  Unchecked this and its load time is the same s SPlat and the rendering issue is gone too.
2019/01/02 04:34:16
Euthymia
I think that you will now find that CbB outdoes SPlat as far as stability and speed. The devs took the opportunity of the first two releases to squash a lot of bugs and (apparently) do some code optimization.

Welcome to the pool! Water's warm.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account