2015/06/08 00:34:13
arachnaut
Every day you use Rapture Pro you get a new log file, and every time you load an instrument, you get a log of the sfz file loads.
It would be nice if we could disable this log and just turn it on when we want to find a sample error or such thing.

2015/06/08 04:44:42
ShellstaX
By all means provide an option but ...

1. I suggest overhead is minimal.
2. How will you know e.g, if there's a "Can't find MultiSample" error - 1 element that won't load? A warning no longer pops-up like in Rapture.
2015/06/08 08:07:07
Doktor Avalanche
There should be a log disable and file path setting in a dedicated settings section for other settings such as other file paths and sample rate.

With the old version of rapture it would pop up and you would have to click each time to confirm which was annoying. Now it's not annoying but we don't know what's going on unless we are looking at the log file all the time. So we need the best of both worlds.

We need functionality to test every program for broken samples at once now too many issues.

And options so we can migrate all our samples to the rapture pro folder. At the moment it seems we have to keep them in various locations and there is lots of duplication.

I think the main issue all along has been the prog file format and file structure itself. It needs to be upgraded to something else.
2015/06/08 12:02:00
arachnaut
Doktor Avalanche...
With the old version of rapture it would pop up and you would have to click each time to confirm which was annoying. Now it's not annoying but we don't know what's going on unless we are looking at the log file all the time. So we need the best of both worlds....

Besides that, the log file path is hard-coded to C:\Cakewalk Content\Logs so you need to create that path to see it.
I'd rather not delete the path to remove it. (My original 'Cakewalk Content' location is on K:).
2015/06/08 12:07:48
Doktor Avalanche
Right! As I wrote...
"There should be a log disable and file path setting in a dedicated settings section for other settings such as other file paths and sample rate.". Rapture Pro needs a setting area and better sample management, after all the issues we've had I think Cakewalk should supply it (it's standard functionality in most pro VST's).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account