• Features & Ideas
  • Make it possible to delete empty bar(s) across all tracks [Workaround from Craig Anderton]
2015/12/02 21:41:55
jpetersen
 I got a project where, upon importing, all tracks positioned themselves at bar 1801 - including flag markers.
There was no way in which to simply remove all the leading empty bars. Edit>Delete stayed grey.

scook helped by saying to turn off the option
"Always Import Broadcast Waves At Their Timestamp"
and then re-importing. It worked, but re-doing the entire import was no fun.

So, my Feature Request:
Please make it possible to remove an entire bar (even empty ones), or to insert empty bars,
in such a way that the flag markers also follow.
Thanks.
Come to think of it, automation and other stuff will have to follow, too. Maybe not so easy??
Anyway, that's my feature request.
2015/12/07 16:15:10
mesayre
Hey there,
   I may be misunderstanding your request, but I think you can accomplish this selecting all tracks, setting your selection in and out points using the selection module of the control bar, and then going to Edit-> Delete special. Make sure you check "Delete Hole" at the bottom of the dialog and that should shift everything.

To add, go to Project -> Insert time.

Hope that helps!
2015/12/10 09:59:28
jpetersen
No. As I stated, unless there is some audio, Delete and Delete Special will be disabled.

Craig Anderton suggested instead that I Cut the entire project from where the audio starts,
then Paste it at Bar 1.

This works, if a little counter-intuitive. But I am inclined to say:
We have so many bugs in Sonar, perhaps it's better not to mess with
this aspect of the program and inadvertently create even more bugs.

Just an entry in an FAQ under a chapter named "How do I..." would suffice.
2015/12/10 10:55:03
mesayre
Ah, I didn't see that part before.

You can select and Process->Slide. Put in a negative number of measures. I just tried that and it works. Markers will slide as well if part of the selection, though it doesn't seem possible to select markers alone.

Mike
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account