• Software
  • Recommendations for the "Best" Delay Plug-In
2018/01/10 03:07:13
WallyG
I used Nomad Blue Tube 3D Delay in Sonar. Didn't use it a lot but when I did it worked well. Now that I'm using SO3, it's tied into Sonar and will not work in SO3.

Any suggestions for a similar Delay plug-in or better would be appreciated. I've checked out the WEB and have discounted any plug-ins that use iLok. One that I find interesting is D-16 Sigmond. I'm actually looking for a relative simple Delay, but for the price it seems like it has a lot of flexibility. I know that there are gazillion delays, but I'm looking for the best overall professional plug-in.

BTW, I don't do EDM, so I'm basically looking for a good delay that also does chorus, flanging, but not freaking weird stuff (I'm too old). D-16 does this but also does the basic stuff.

Appreciate any inputs.

Walt
2018/01/10 03:16:46
cclarry
I really Like Unfiltered Audio's Sandman (now there is Pro)
for a relatively inexpensive (especially with voucher) delay plugin.
There are a LOT of delays out there so opinions are going to 
be ALL OVER the place on this one.  Even the stock delays
that come with DAW's are decent when used judiciously.
2018/01/10 03:23:18
WallyG
cclarry
for a relatively inexpensive (especially with voucher) delay plugin.
There are a LOT of delays out there so opinions are going to 
be ALL OVER the place on this one.  Even the stock delays
that come with DAW's are decent when used judiciously.

Thanks! I gave it a quick listen and thought it sounded great! I'll listen to it more tomorrow. I've tried the two Presonus delays that come with SO3 and was underwhelmed...

Walt
2018/01/10 04:35:56
dubdisciple
I'm thinking about upgrading ni replika to full version
2018/01/10 05:53:10
Chandler
tkDelay is really good. Simple to ise but very powerful. Melda’s MDelayMB is also really nice once you get the hang of it. When MTurbodelay is released I think that will be the ultimate delay, but its still in beta/alpha. NI replika is cool too.
2018/01/10 11:28:31
subtlearts
dubdisciple
I'm thinking about upgrading ni replika to full version...

Replika is quite good, full version (XT) is even better - kind of my favorite delay, or at least the one I tend to try first and rarely fail to find lovely and wonderful sounds that fit the bill. The Diffusion mode is pretty much unparallelled. Gorgeous interface, too, if that matters to you. 

cclarry
for a relatively inexpensive (especially with voucher) delay plugin...

As above, Sandman is very cool, and I just got Pro (with a voucher ) so haven't really put it through its paces yet but as with everything else in the series - I have Dent and Fault as well - they're innovative, deep and flexible, up for anything from subtle to insanity. Recommended. 

Chandler
... When MTurbodelay is released I think that will be the ultimate delay, but its still in beta/alpha...

Ah, I hadn't even noticed it, will check it out, I'm sure it will be brilliant! I'm rather a fan of Melda's offerings, I have TurboReverb and it is a universe, sounds brilliant and does everything... I could probably quite honestly never use another reverb. MPowerSynth is nearly the same, a monster. I have heard similar about TurboComp but haven't checked it out. 

Finally, I got Rob Papen's RPDelay for free somehow a few years back and have used it a bit, it's also a very deep, complex beast capable of full-blown sound destruction, but I find the interface a bit confusing and experienced some instability with it when I tried to automate things, so I kind of stopped using it. But it's a lot of delay for the price (even if you don't get it free) and some of the presets have a special kind of madness to them, so might be worth a look. 
2018/01/10 12:48:58
gswitz
I think now that i know how i like to use delays that i could make do with almost any of them.
2018/01/10 12:54:28
anydmusic
Nomad have a deal for a discount on the BT for Cakewalk customers.
2018/01/10 12:54:30
anydmusic
Nomad have a deal for a discount on the BT for Cakewalk customers.
2018/01/10 13:14:12
dcumpian
My most used, in order:

1) Waves H-Delay
2) NI Replika XT
3) Boz Imperial Delay
4) PSPAudioware Tape Delay

These are all very simple to use, setup, and are very musical.I have several others, but use these the most.

Regards,
Dan
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account