• Software
  • Recommendations for the "Best" Delay Plug-In (p.2)
2018/01/10 18:29:54
WallyG
Thanks all! I'll check them out.

Walt
2018/01/10 21:33:41
dmbaer
Consider Objec Delay from AAS, MultiTap from Eventide, RP Delay from Rob Papen, Sigmund from D16 Group and Late Replies from Blue Cat Audio.  Each one of those can do something the others cannot come close to doing (well, maybe RP Delay and Sigmund cover a little of the same territory).  When it comes to high-end delays, you really cannot have too many, and there's no such thing as a "best" delay IMO - it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.  Of course, 90% of the time, a simple delay like whatever comes bundled with your DAW will be perfectly adequate.
2018/01/10 21:36:22
dubdisciple
Subtlearts. Thanks for the info. I may use 25 coupin
2018/01/10 21:37:10
dubdisciple
I love the delay deaigner in logic.
2018/01/10 21:59:23
WallyG
dmbaer
Consider Objec Delay from AAS, MultiTap from Eventide, RP Delay from Rob Papen, Sigmund from D16 Group and Late Replies from Blue Cat Audio.  Each one of those can do something the others cannot come close to doing (well, maybe RP Delay and Sigmund cover a little of the same territory).  When it comes to high-end delays, you really cannot have too many, and there's no such thing as a "best" delay IMO - it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.  Of course, 90% of the time, a simple delay like whatever comes bundled with your DAW will be perfectly adequate.

Thanks!

Walt
2018/01/10 22:02:43
Soundwise
It really depends on what particular character you are after. To me the best delay plugin is the Nomad Factory Echoes. To my ear it has the most organic sound and feels very natural.
Other notable mentions would be:
  • OuterSpace by AudioThing;
  • Delays in MAGMA (another NF gem);
  • H-Delay by Waves & Dub Delays by TAL.
2018/01/11 00:04:16
rj davis
+1 Waves H-Delay.  The only delay I use, but only for basic doubling, not chorus or flanging. 
2018/01/11 01:25:58
JonD
rj davis
+1 Waves H-Delay.  The only delay I use, but only for basic doubling, not chorus or flanging.

Same here, though I probably use it a bit more for delay FX.  In fact, I like all of the Waves H-Series, and could probably get along with just a DAW's stock plugins and the H-Series (H-Delay, H-Comp, H-EQ and H-Reverb) -- an incredible set, especially if you can pick them up on sale.

That said, I remember just a few years ago Soundtoys EchoBoy was the delay that always won in all the popularity polls.  That may still be the case.  Of course, if you're like me, it's overkill for the simple delay tasks I need it for.
2018/01/11 03:57:07
Magic Russ
For tape/bbd delays, I usually use Echoes. I am also a fan of Replika and the XT version is complex enough to have its own Groove3 video. Objeq Delay is its own thing.

I also like to use the delays from GR5, particularly the Quad Delay for its diffusion and Psyche Delay for its reverse mode.
2018/01/11 05:52:28
sharke
Soundtoys EchoBoy is the ultimate really, though, isn't it. It's like all other delay plugins rolled into one, a real workhorse powerhouse infinitely configurable great sounding delay. And it's very simple to use. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account