• Software
  • Recommendations for the "Best" Delay Plug-In (p.3)
2018/01/11 13:16:40
dcumpian
sharke
Soundtoys EchoBoy is the ultimate really, though, isn't it. It's like all other delay plugins rolled into one, a real workhorse powerhouse infinitely configurable great sounding delay. And it's very simple to use. 

Along with many others listed above, I have Echoboy and it actually rarely gets used. Love the other Soundtoys tools, but Echoboy just doesn't gel for me without fussing.

Dan
2018/01/11 15:07:30
cclarry
And I rest my case 
2018/01/11 17:15:28
WallyG
Chandler
tkDelay is really good. Simple to ise but very powerful. Melda’s MDelayMB is also really nice once you get the hang of it. When MTurbodelay is released I think that will be the ultimate delay, but its still in beta/alpha. NI replika is cool too.

FWIW, I tried the tkDelay demo, and all was okay until I loaded one of the presets (Chorus).  It crashed and sent 120 dB (or so it seemed) of noise into my headsets. Having my fingers on the volume knob saved my ears. Needless to say, I removed tkDelay from my computer.

Walt
2018/01/11 17:18:01
WallyG
sharke
Soundtoys EchoBoy is the ultimate really, though, isn't it. It's like all other delay plugins rolled into one, a real workhorse powerhouse infinitely configurable great sounding delay. And it's very simple to use. 

...except it requires an iLok account and I don't do iLok.

Walt
2018/01/11 20:12:41
Eddie TX
Echoboy is widely considered the standard, and is very popular among pros. But yes, iLok.

My second choice would be the Boz Imperial Delay. Very deep, feature-packed plugin. 

Some others like Replika are cool but a little CPU-intensive. 

Cheers,
Eddie

2018/01/11 22:03:32
Jimbo21
I  use Echoboy the most right now. I also love the D-16/Slate Repeater and H-Delay.
2018/01/12 01:58:26
bitflipper
Wally, which preset crashed tkDelay? I'd like to try it here.

tkDelay is my first-call delay and has been for quite a while. Never had any issues with it. The only other delay that matches it is Imperial Delay, but that one's expensive so I'm reluctant to recommend it.
2018/01/12 02:09:50
WallyG
bitflipper
Wally, which preset crashed tkDelay? I'd like to try it here.

tkDelay is my first-call delay and has been for quite a while. Never had any issues with it. The only other delay that matches it is Imperial Delay, but that one's expensive so I'm reluctant to recommend it.

Dave, it was the Chorus preset. The channel (track) that had the plug-in went into compliance and burnt out all the volume LEDs.  Stopping playback had no effect.

Walt
2018/01/12 02:50:53
sharke
WallyG
sharke

Walt

WallyG
sharke

Walt

It just requires the iLok software. Install & forget about it. No dongle required, and the software doesn't cause any problems at all. 
2018/01/12 03:28:43
bitflipper
Sorry, I could not duplicate your problem, Wally. I tried the Chorus preset here (first time using that, or any other of the presets) and had no issues.

However, if I turned the Feedback parameter all the way up I could get it to go into runaway. Which is the same behavior I'd expect from any delay. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account