• Software
  • Recommendations for the "Best" Delay Plug-In (p.4)
2018/01/12 03:33:35
Makzimia
And.. if you’re lucky enough to have a UAD 2 card or Apollo the RE-201 is an excellent recreation that sounds very close to the original:).
2018/01/12 03:58:37
Eddie TX
bitflipperThe only other delay that matches it is Imperial Delay, but that one's expensive so I'm reluctant to recommend it.

Surely it'll go on sale again sometime. It was $39 last BF.

Cheers,
Eddie

2018/01/12 16:47:17
WallyG
bitflipper
...However, if I turned the Feedback parameter all the way up I could get it to go into runaway. Which is the same behavior I'd expect from any delay. 

I didn't touch any of the parameters, and if I did max the Feedback knob, I would expect a sound to go into runaway. This was just instant white or pink noise.

Walt

2018/01/12 21:26:59
bitflipper
That's not what happens when the feedback control's at max. A blast of white noise is usually a denormal problem. There are ways around that, but not worth the bother for one plugin. Also note that denormals can sometimes be caused by a plugin inserted before the one that seems to be the problem. Make sure you weren't trying out any other new plugins in the bin that day.

Besides tkDelay and Imperial Delay, my next-most-used delay is the good ol' Sonitus. I have a few others for specific tasks (Timeless2, BT Oilcan, Replika) but nothing as versatile as the Sonitus Delay. No chorus/flanger effect in there, though. You might have a look at Valhalla's UberMod for that sort of thing.
2018/01/13 00:07:55
WallyG
bitflipper
...Make sure you weren't trying out any other new plugins in the bin that day.

That was the only delay in that effects bin, and none of the parmeters of the “Chorus” preset were modified. As soon as I clicked on “Chorus”, the channel went ballistic.

My favorite delay has been Nomad Factory’s Blue Tubes Tempo Delay 3D. You’ve heard it on some of the songs on the CD’s I sent you. It’s a Standard Vanella Wood Burning Delay but it works for my simple tastes.

I talked to Ashley at Plugivery and she made me a deal on a plug-in bundle that I couldn’t refuse. Ashley was extremely helpful and I would highly recommend dealing with Plugivery.

I just had to give her a plug in this thread.

I’m still going to check out some of the suggestions I received.

Walt
2018/01/13 19:13:16
anydmusic
WallyG
bitflipper
...Make sure you weren't trying out any other new plugins in the bin that day.

My favorite delay has been Nomad Factory’s Blue Tubes Tempo Delay 3D. You’ve heard it on some of the songs on the CD’s I sent you. It’s a Standard Vanella Wood Burning Delay but it works for my simple tastes.

Walt

Why not just buy the Nomad plug in that you already know you like?

There was a deal to get the package included with Sonar for $49.
2018/01/14 02:24:28
WallyG

WallyG
...My favorite delay has been Nomad Factory’s Blue Tubes Tempo Delay 3D. You’ve heard it on some of the songs on the CD’s I sent you. It’s a Standard Vanilla Wood Burning Delay but it works for my simple tastes.
Walt

anydmusic
Why not just buy the Nomad plug in that you already know you like? There was a deal to get the package included with Sonar for $49.

Supposedly that deal ended Dec 31. The nice people at plugivery.com resurrected the deal and I bought the Bundle for $49. Thank you Ashley. Great Service!

Walt
2018/01/14 14:05:31
anydmusic
WallyG

WallyG
...My favorite delay has been Nomad Factory’s Blue Tubes Tempo Delay 3D. You’ve heard it on some of the songs on the CD’s I sent you. It’s a Standard Vanilla Wood Burning Delay but it works for my simple tastes.
Walt

anydmusic
Why not just buy the Nomad plug in that you already know you like? There was a deal to get the package included with Sonar for $49.

Supposedly that deal ended Dec 31. The nice people at plugivery.com resurrected the deal and I bought the Bundle for $49. Thank you Ashley. Great Service!

Walt

I passed on the deal and paid the $99 to get the Integral package for the extras.

I know not everyone likes them but for me the Nomad effects are a great option to have in your tool kit.
2018/01/14 16:03:17
bitflipper
Another one you already have that's worth a look is the Bluetubes Oilcan Echo. 

95% of the time, I use delays as a subtle smearing effect. That's why I like tkDelay so much - it has a reverse delay that you can blend in, as well as built-in ducking. Those features let me add gentle thickening that's barely audible. Imperial Delay can do that, too. Oilcan gives a similar effect when I want the effect to be a little more obvious.

The other 5% of the time, when I do want the delay to be a noticeable effect, there's nothing more fun than FabFilter's Timeless2. That one does things you wouldn't even think a delay was capable of.

2018/02/28 19:55:56
bokchoyboy
sharke
WallyG
sharke
Soundtoys EchoBoy is the ultimate really, though, isn't it. It's like all other delay plugins rolled into one, a real workhorse powerhouse infinitely configurable great sounding delay. And it's very simple to use. 

...except it requires an iLok account and I don't do iLok.

Walt

WallyG
sharke
Soundtoys EchoBoy is the ultimate really, though, isn't it. It's like all other delay plugins rolled into one, a real workhorse powerhouse infinitely configurable great sounding delay. And it's very simple to use. 

...except it requires an iLok account and I don't do iLok.

Walt

It just requires the iLok software. Install & forget about it. No dongle required, and the software doesn't cause any problems at all. 

Yep!!!  And if there are too many "choices", there is always the Echoboy Jr..
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account