• Software
  • Introducing The Ultimate DAW Plugin (DAW) Manager
2018/02/06 00:27:16
pcuser32
The Ultimate in Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) Plugin Managers!

Developed for Creative Users, Multimedia Artist, and Producers looking for a better way to manage 3rd party plugins and improve workflow.

Now available for the PC and OS X platforms!

Product Highlights

• Control the number of plugins listed by your DAW / NLE software
• Manage 3rd party plugins as user assigned presets
• Deploys and runs outside DAW / NLE software and includes an 8 DAW user-definable workstation launcher
• Switch Plugins "ON" or "OFF" before running Video Editing, or Digital Audio Workstation software
• Stop listing un-licensed plugins in your DAW or NLE software
• Assign, catalog, index & search 3rd party plugins by Manufacturer and Specification to the UDPM relational database
• Load only the plugins needed for the job at hand switch off (disable) the rest
• Stop your Video NLE software from crashing trying to load un needed 3rd party audio plugins

Works along side of any Digital Audio, or Digital Video Workstation thats supports AAX, AU, MAS, RTAS, VST, VST3, Waves Plugins out of the box!

This is possible because UDPM works like a switcher, UDPM switches plugin(s) "On" or "Off" before you launch your DAW, or NLE software.

Product Link: https://ultimatepluginmanager.com
2018/02/06 02:04:42
cclarry
Pricing it that high, especially for Sonar users, who already have
an adequate Plugin Manager, is a mistake IMO...

Good Luck though!
2018/02/06 03:49:10
pcuser32
Thanks cclarry,

nice gif!

reminds me of an old pink floyd cover so you force me to respond ;)

I agree Sonar does have an adequate plugin manager but configuring it correctly takes time.
I released UDPM in 2014 and was reluctant to even post here, because I remember thinking who wouldn't make time to customize their own setup, also I think Sonar had just introduced freezing plugins..
I post now because I considered my own situation, comments from UDPM users, and why I created the software.
I had close to a thousand plugins installed ; 32 & 64 bit.
I was testing and installing new ones all the time
Sonar & other DAWs randomly re-index and re-catalog my installed plugins slowing startup
I had to traverse hundreds of plugins just to perform simple tasks
I had anxious clients, myself included, and a need to deliver on a deal line.
Sonar was not my only DAW ( I wont name drop other DAW / NLE software I use)
and I needed a way to limit my options not just in Sonar but other DAWs as well.

Also I have heard from many creative users now who think my approach saves them time. 
lots of ways to manage plugins, not loading them in the first place is an option offered by UDPM

I am also aware UDPM is not for everyone.

As for the price. 
Lets just agree to disagree

2018/02/06 21:12:43
jbraner
Hey pcuser32,

If you can make a plugin manager that works inside Reaper - you'll make a killing.
What they (well, me too when I make the switch) need is a plugin manager like SONAR has - where you can easily make your own menus, in the order that you want - and list a plugin multiple times (in different submenus) with different names (so you can do things like list the Slate VMR a few times - in th ecompressors submenu, and the saturation submenu etc).

It looks like your program works with making plugins available for different DAWs. How about making something that hook in to the DAW and manages plugins inside it?
2018/02/06 21:33:56
BobF
Hey, John.  Check out the Reaper smart folders when you get some time
2018/02/06 21:43:18
jbraner
Hi Bob,
Yeah, I know about them - but that's never gonna work unless your plugin name fits a "formula".
Also - they insist on showing plugs in alphabetical order, but I like to put my favourites on top. ;-)
Also - I love having multiple entries for a plugin - in different submenus (with different text) and this doesn't work in Reaper either. You can rename a plugin - but it will be the same across multiple instances in submenus.

I like to put things like "Echoboy - CE2 preset" under my modulation submenu, where normal "Echoboy" is in the delay submenu. Or "VMR - 1176/Distressor" in th ecompressors submenu and "VMR - VTC" in the Saturation submenu.

SONAR is great for plugin handling/menus etc ;-)
2018/02/07 15:47:20
King_Windom
jbraner
Hey pcuser32,

If you can make a plugin manager that works inside Reaper - you'll make a killing.

+1
2018/02/07 15:59:25
Mesh
If I'm not mistaken, Samplitude could also use a good plugin manager......(haven't used it enough to confirm).
2018/02/09 17:51:37
raisindot
Samplitude's plug in manager totally sucks. Once you add paths to VSTs, the only way you can change them (as far as I know) is by editing some kind of .INI file. 
2018/02/10 16:10:24
kitekrazy1
I like Reapers plugin manager since I can customize it.  I also like Studio One's.  Few DAWs have decent ones. Probably the best solution is to cut down on my plugin inventory.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account