• Software
  • miniyo-T on iPhone control SONAR... NOT!
2018/03/09 16:34:41
Phoen1xPJ
Anybody try miniyo-T on an iPhone to control SONAR? I have installed rtpMIDI on my Win 10 PC and created new control surface in SPlat with those MIDI ports. Won't work! Anybody have any joy?
2018/03/09 16:57:51
azslow3

Others
Surface/miniyo-T are also working with Sonar.

Such formulation for compatibility with Sonar normally means that it can not work out of the box

Troubleshooting:
1. Remove Control Surface (whatever you selected) from Sonar preferences. Make a project with MIDI track. Arm it. Start recording. Press transport buttons in the App. Stop recording. Do you see a MIDI clip with some notes recorded? If yes, move on. If not, check/fix rtpMIDI settings and Sonar MIDI settings till that works.

2. (assuming MIDI clip was recorded in the step (1)). Add Control Surface "Mackie control" in Sonar preferences. Pointing to correct MIDI ports. Is transport works now? If yes, fine. If no, proceed to the step 3.

3. (assuming it does not work with stock Mackie Control, so they have not implemented Mackie protocol correctly) install moded MackieControl: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,341.0.html
In its preferences (Utilities / Mackie Control -1) set "Disable handshake". Is transport work now? If yes, fine. If no, try to change the DAW in the settings of the app (Ableton, Reaper, etc.), may be some of that will work.  

2018/03/09 18:03:07
Phoen1xPJ
azslow3
Troubleshooting:
1. Remove Control Surface (whatever you selected) from Sonar preferences. Make a project with MIDI track. Arm it. Start recording. Press transport buttons in the App. Stop recording. Do you see a MIDI clip with some notes recorded? If yes, move on. If not, check/fix rtpMIDI settings and Sonar MIDI settings till that works.

2. (assuming MIDI clip was recorded in the step (1)). Add Control Surface "Mackie control" in Sonar preferences. Pointing to correct MIDI ports. Is transport works now? If yes, fine. If no, proceed to the step 3.

3. (assuming it does not work with stock Mackie Control, so they have not implemented Mackie protocol correctly) install moded MackieControl: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,341.0.html
In its preferences (Utilities / Mackie Control -1) set "Disable handshake". Is transport work now? If yes, fine. If no, try to change the DAW in the settings of the app (Ableton, Reaper, etc.), may be some of that will work.  

I tried all of the above, no joy. I downloaded and installed the modded .dll & .ini files. I made new control surface with Mackie Control and the rtpMIDI ports. I could not find the preferences to which you refer. Where is Utilities / Mackie Control? In SONAR? I don't see it anywhere. I could not disable handshake. 

2018/03/09 20:01:36
azslow3
Phoen1xPJ
I tried all of the above, no joy. I downloaded and installed the modded .dll & .ini files. I made new control surface with Mackie Control and the rtpMIDI ports. I could not find the preferences to which you refer. Where is Utilities / Mackie Control? In SONAR? I don't see it anywhere. I could not disable handshake.

If you have configured Mackie Control in Control Surfaces section of Sonar (and you do not get its name in brackets, with IN/OUT removed), you should have "Utilities / Mackie Control - 1" in the Sonar menu (as last in this menu). You can also use "ACT module" in the tool bar to access the same dialog.
If you have replaced original MackieControl.dll correctly, you should have "Disable handshake" in that dialog.
2018/03/09 20:21:24
Phoen1xPJ
azslow3

If you have configured Mackie Control in Control Surfaces section of Sonar (and you do not get its name in brackets, with IN/OUT removed), you should have "Utilities / Mackie Control - 1" in the Sonar menu (as last in this menu). You can also use "ACT module" in the tool bar to access the same dialog.
If you have replaced original MackieControl.dll correctly, you should have "Disable handshake" in that dialog.

I have Mackie Control in Control Surfaces... *I found it!!!* Properties in the ACT module in toolbar. It's now working for the first time! Thanks, azslow3 for pointing me in the right direction!
2018/03/09 21:21:11
azslow3
You are welcome.
If it works in both direction (app updates the transport status), everything is fine.
Just a note, if you use the mod (with "Disable handshake"), you will need to reinstall it every time you update/reinstall Sonar. Without monthly updates that is not a problem, but new Sonar (or whatever it is going to be called) version will overwrite the DLL.
2018/03/09 21:34:44
Phoen1xPJ
azslow3
You are welcome.
If it works in both direction (app updates the transport status), everything is fine.
Just a note, if you use the mod (with "Disable handshake"), you will need to reinstall it every time you update/reinstall Sonar. Without monthly updates that is not a problem, but new Sonar (or whatever it is going to be called) version will overwrite the DLL.

Got it... already made a backup folder with the mods in it ready to copy when needed. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account