2018/03/09 21:24:12
Michael A.D.
Reaper v5.77 - March 9 2018
+ Arrange view: highlight the track with horizontal move guides when moving media items
+ Arrange view: show move guides when dragging media into the project
+ Automation items: add action to convert all project automation to automation items
+ Automation items: delete selected automation items when deleting media items
+ Automation items: split selected automation items when splitting media items
+ Envelopes: when moving or copying an unpooled automation item to a mute envelope, convert all points to square shape [p=1955309]
+ FX: add support for assigning shortcuts to insert specific FX or FX chains
+ FX: optionally show assigned shortcuts in the Add FX dialog (Options/Show in FX list)
+ FX: fix bypass automation issues on plug-ins that use PDC [t=203665]
+ FX: fix updating bypass checkbox in floating window when bypassed from FX chain window [t=203451]
+ macOS: fix magnify gestures respecting preference for mousewheel to target window under cursor or window with focus
+ MIDI: add options for displaying CC lanes in arrange view: no lanes, first lane visible in MIDI editor, one combined lane, or multiple lanes
+ MIDI: draw thinner arrange view notes/CC, lighter CC shading, avoid drawing overlapping PC/sysex
+ MIDI: preserve notation data when exploding items by pitch or channel
+ MIDI: add themeable fill mode for chased MIDI CC data in arrange view
+ Notation editor: fix "delete clef" menu action [t=204099]
+ Preferences: improve UI for adding/removing VST plug-in search paths [t=203195]
+ ReaSurround: fix automation of knob-based controls [t=201871]
+ Ruler: fix grid drawing inaccuracy when zoomed in and grid set to triplets [p=1957656]
2018/03/10 04:29:44
JohnKenn
Iz this cool or what... Don't understand any of it, but critical point is that bug fixes and enhancements are happening at lightning speed taking the user forward. Evolution happening fast as Reaper just keeps getting better and better.
2018/03/10 07:33:05
azslow3
Yes, in the Reaper world, the feedback loop, especially for obvious bugs and regressions, is shorter then it was here:  the forum post is confirmed within hours (by developers), 1-2 days at most; the fix is 1-2 days after that in (public) alpha; the change log has links to corresponding reports. Pre-releases are public, with open discussion. Releases are made when there is something to release.
Simple, transparent and effective, for developers and the community (the DAW itself also has these properties).
That does not mean everything new is cooked 1-2 hours only. There are many big features which stay in (pre)alpha much longer (f.e. ARA2)

2018/03/10 09:15:18
Frank Harvey
Any news on ARA ?
2018/03/10 12:00:25
azslow3
Matching Melodyne  and Reaper versions exist, but neither is released yet. So which "news" you want?

2018/03/10 14:10:21
Frank Harvey
Was talk of Melodyne integration whilst I was trialing Reaper earlier this year . Was pretty keen on Reaper . Use Melodyne quite a bit .
Release still pending then .... thnx for update :)
2018/03/10 15:22:31
Billy Buck
Frank Harvey
Was talk of Melodyne integration whilst I was trialing Reaper earlier this year . Was pretty keen on Reaper . Use Melodyne quite a bit .
Release still pending then .... thnx for update :)

ARA 2 is being actively beta tested with a pre-release ARA 2 enabled REAPER version. Celemony and the REAPER developers are working closely together to ensure ARA 2 will work seamlessly out of the box once officially released to the public.  I suspect Celemony will announce ARA 2 during MusikMesse next month to make a big splash and maximize the free publicity and exposure.  With loads of ARA 2 related articles/videos coming out of MusikMesse to help spread the word. Also of note, I recently contacted Synchro Arts (having recently purchased VocALign on sale for $80) about ARA 2 and REAPER support. One of their tech support persons responded the next day and stated they are also beta testing ARA 2 with their products and wanted to know how to get in on the REAPER ARA 2 enabled beta testing. MusikMesse should be interesting this year.
2018/03/10 15:50:26
TheMaartian
Whenever you get the chance to upgrade to Melodyne Studio for a good discount, do it. I had v2 Editor and v4 Essentials. Celemony ran a special when v4 was announced: any version of Editor to v4 Studio for $149. Jumped all over that. Being able to see and edit multiple audio tracks at the same time in the same edit window (IN CONTEXT) is amazing!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account