2010/03/23 23:49:08
Basradaem
http://www.vir2.com/4DCGI/vir2/products/electri6ity/index.html?511820

Wow this looks cool.  I can't wait for it to come out, I may have to pick me up a copy
2010/03/24 13:49:22
JonD
Hmm.  Can't tell much from the two lame audio demos on that page.  Two variations of the same metal riff... Not exactly showing off this thing's versatility...
2010/03/24 15:48:06
Basradaem
There is a youtube video linked on that site somewhere that demo'd what it can do.  From what it showed, it looks pretty cool.  I wish they showed more in the video, though.  I'm keeping my eye on this...
2010/03/26 00:46:14
Monkey23
JonD

Hmm.  Can't tell much from the two lame audio demos on that page.  Two variations of the same metal riff... Not exactly showing off this thing's versatility...

I thought the same thing. Who knows? It mighth be cool. I'm always very skeptical of these guitar plug-ins though.
2010/03/28 20:57:45
Basradaem
Monkey23

JonD

I thought the same thing. Who knows? It mighth be cool. I'm always very skeptical of these guitar plug-ins though.

I should be more skeptical than I am.  I think I'm just eager to try something new.
2010/03/28 21:12:31
planetearth
Has anyone here used any Vir2 "instruments"? It appears they're all based upon the Kontakt 2 player.  For example, Vir bills the "VI.ONE" as "the complete [their emphasis] virtual instrument", but it's really just a sample player, right? (Not that there's anything wrong with that....)

I've considered their Acoustic Legends HD, and this Electi6ity looks promising because you have some serious control over the articulation. I just don't know anyone in these forums who's mentioned their products. I end up finding out about them through other Web sites.
2010/03/28 21:30:09
bitflipper
Vir2 pops up in threads often. Mostly to ask if anyone knows how to make it work.

I checked out their site after returning from NAMM in January, feeling pretty jazzed about the product. They were promising demo songs "soon" back then, too. It's been 3 months since the announcement, and still no demos. You have to wonder why it's such a big deal to make a 30-second recording, especially if you are expert at using the software. Unless, of course, you are too busy furiously trying to get it to work.
2010/03/28 23:35:24
planetearth
That's one of my concerns. I also checked out their forums...and there are no threads. In any forum. And they've been open for years.

Either no one's having trouble with their stuff...or no one's buying it.
2010/03/28 23:55:21
Basradaem
Their forums appear to be locked.  No one can create an account or post.  I'm not sure why they did that.  They are a part of Big Fish Audio:

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/4DCGI/catalog.html?1;16;1::::::::Page=1;Bran=511972

It appears that most of Vir2's instruments use the Kontakt 2 Player, but Electri6ity uses the Konkakt 4 Player.  I'm still interested in the product even though their site is a bit strange.  When they release it and if I buy it, I'll be sure to report my experience back here.  "Spring 2010" could mean three months away yet...

EDIT:
A couple of their instruments uses Kontakt 3 Player:

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/4DCGI/catalog.html?1;16;1:::::511972:::D511972::Page=1;Bran=1095

2010/03/29 00:05:30
planetearth
Hmm...well, as I said, the product does look interesting. Hopefully they're spending time perfecting their products and not their Web site!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account