2015/05/15 20:52:09
...wicked
First off, like subject says, not getting any sound of Rapture Pro. MIDI meters are bouncing just fine, but now output from Rapture. Other synths work fine and everything is routed properly.

As for the other things, they're oft repeated but here they are (so far):
  • Long load time for synth. Like, a Loooooooong time. SONAR went all ghostly and looked like it might crash before it finally popped up.
  • Browser size, mentioned before, but sheesh please make it pop out next update or some such. Especially because the Bank pix are so dang huge
  • Speaking of which, I'd love it if the "Expansion Pack" and what the pack is were reversed. I don't need to see "EXPANSION PACK" so large to know it's not the factory library. Knowing WHAT it is however is of paramount importance. A text only view would be great too.
But these are mostly moot, since my real problem is not getting any sound out of the instrument. 

2015/06/01 10:34:14
ChristopherM
Are you experiencing no sound with RapPro as a plugin or stand alone? For me, the VST and VST3 plugs work fine (I have only installed 64-bit), but I get no sound if I use the stand-alone exe wrapper. I have a feeling this is to do with its attempting to re-set my Roland UA-22 sample rate and merely locking it up instead. I doubt I'll spend much time trying to get it to work as RapPro does not seem to offer much that's compelling.
2015/06/01 11:03:31
Kamikaze
Stand alone doesn't work for me either, but the plug in is fine. Can't get it to talk to my soundcard. (Also a Roland)

2015/06/01 11:25:42
gswitz
We are all waiting on the RP update.

The rapture silent treatment may be a decade old.
2015/06/01 12:10:37
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
gswitz
We are all waiting on the RP update.

The rapture silent treatment may be a decade old.

There's a bunch of stuff in the oven now, so stay tuned for the coming update. As Andrew mentioned in the Command Center update thread, "available in early June".

ChristopherM
Are you experiencing no sound with RapPro as a plugin or stand alone? For me, the VST and VST3 plugs work fine (I have only installed 64-bit), but I get no sound if I use the stand-alone exe wrapper. I have a feeling this is to do with its attempting to re-set my Roland UA-22 sample rate and merely locking it up instead. I doubt I'll spend much time trying to get it to work as RapPro does not seem to offer much that's compelling.

There is a known issue with the microhost where some Roland drivers don't output properly. As the microhost requires an ASIO driver, you can always try ASIO4ALL. 
2015/06/01 12:30:37
Kamikaze
The worm has turned
2015/06/03 13:54:37
robert_e_bone
For anyone with sample rate mismatches between Rapture/Rapture Pro/Dim Pro and their desired project sample rate, I am pasting some micro host 'hot keys' you can use to alter any of the above synths (load the desired synth and then use the hotkeys from the list below):

Dimension Pro and Rapture Microhost Hot Keys

The following are function keys to change aspects of Dimension Pro and Rapture global settings - these do not appear in the supplied documentation, but were posted in the Cakewalk forums:

ESC: All Notes Off
F1/F2: Open/Close z3ta+ Editor (mainly for testing purposes)
F3: Set to 44100
F4: Set to 48000
Shift+F3: Set to 88200
Shift+F4: Set to 96000
F5: Transpose -12
F6: Transpose -1
F7: Transpose +1
F8: Transpose +12
F11/F12: Previous/Next Program
Left/Right arrows: Bend down/up
Up arrow: CC1
Down arrow: CC2
Space bar: Aftertouch
(MIDI) Notes:
ZSXDCVGBHNJM,L.;/Q2W3E4RT6Y7UI9O0P-[

Bob Bone

2015/06/04 03:21:52
ChristopherM
Interesting stuff, Bob - thanks. For me, they don't appear to solve the Roland interface lock-up, I'm sorry to say.

I'm guessing I'm not the only sucker who's rationale for buying Roland was its then closeness to Cakewalk.
2015/06/04 03:47:55
...wicked
Whoah, activity!

For me, it's as a plugin, but I saw in passing that using the VST3 plugin was what caused a ton of probz, I haven't come back around to verify that yet.

2015/06/04 03:48:00
Kamikaze
ChristopherM
Interesting stuff, Bob - thanks. For me, they don't appear to solve the Roland interface lock-up, I'm sorry to say.

I'm guessing I'm not the only sucker who's rationale for buying Roland was its then closeness to Cakewalk.

No, this was my rationale too. Standalone dead for me too.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account