2015/05/17 21:21:30
Anderton
You can also do this in Rapture, but it seems easier in Rapture Pro. Basically, you create a triangle-shaped envelope, sync it to tempo, copy it across multiple elements, and offset the start time of each envelope as you move down the elements so that as one fades out, the next one fades in. If you add a release time at the end of each envelope, then you don't get an abrupt level cutoff if you lift your fingers off the keys prior to all the waves playing through.

This makes it really easy to create patches that sound "alive," and filled with motion - great for pads. Just thought you oughta know.
2015/05/17 21:29:49
BobF
Craig - When RapPro was first announced I requested that you do a tutorial on instrument creation with it.  You must've missed that in the flurry of posts in that thread because I haven't seen the video yet
2015/05/19 09:59:33
Anderton
I saw that request, and I will do some videos after I get back to the United States...you're polite enough to request, Andrew is kinda demanding it. (I kid, Andrew's cool! But he really wants me to do some videos.)
2015/05/19 22:12:06
Doktor Avalanche
Craig - I recommend you setting up a PayPal button 
2015/05/20 07:18:00
BobF
Anderton
I saw that request, and I will do some videos after I get back to the United States...you're polite enough to request, Andrew is kinda demanding it. (I kid, Andrew's cool! But he really wants me to do some videos.)

Excellent news.  Thanks
2015/05/20 15:46:45
mcdonalk
If Rapture Pro implemented a mix envelope for the elements (like Alchemy, Cube 2, or Wavestation), I would buy it.
2015/05/21 07:46:12
Anderton
mcdonalk
If Rapture Pro implemented a mix envelope for the elements (like Alchemy, Cube 2, or Wavestation), I would buy it.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I think the Vector Mixer feature does that?
2015/05/21 12:56:53
mcdonalk
By mix envelope, I mean the ability to assign an envelope that controls the mix of the various (in the case of Rapture) elements, with this envelope being part of the patch. As far as I am aware, the Rapture (or Rapture Pro) vector mixer cannot be controlled by an envelope within the instrument. It CAN be controlled in realtime, or by automation in the sequencer (e.g. Sonar). But not by an envelope that is part of the patch. In my case, this envelope typically loops infinitely.

In contrast, a 4-dimensional mix envelope is a fundamental feature of the Wavestation (both HW and SW), Virsyn Cube 2, and Camel Audio Alchemy and can be argued as a feature that fundamentally defines the unique sound of each. It is a feature that I frequently use to make a PATCH sound dynamic.

2015/05/21 14:20:19
AT
Craig,

can't you just put 6 different waves in each corner (?) of the Vector mixer and wavetable away.  It wouldn't be stepped, but if you were real quick & had 0 delay.  Hmm, have to try that one.

@
2015/05/23 06:14:13
Anderton
AT
can't you just put 6 different waves in each corner (?) of the Vector mixer and wavetable away.

Yes, but using envelopes in this way allows for tempo sync so the wave "slices" can happen in time with the music.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account