2018/03/03 19:32:17
dwardzala
Was trying to work with AD2 last night and I got a "serious error" which told me to verify my installation (or something like that.)  Anyhow, went to the installer and it needed to update.  The update appeared to work, but when then it automatically started checking the installation of AD2.  It got hung up "verifying installation" but it appeared from the status bar that it was trying to download some sort of resource file.

Anybody see this?  Could XLN's servers be down due to the storm in the northeast (they're in Boston, right?)
2018/03/03 21:36:28
abacab
dwardzala
Was trying to work with AD2 last night and I got a "serious error" which told me to verify my installation (or something like that.)  Anyhow, went to the installer and it needed to update.  The update appeared to work, but when then it automatically started checking the installation of AD2.  It got hung up "verifying installation" but it appeared from the status bar that it was trying to download some sort of resource file.

Anybody see this?  Could XLN's servers be down due to the storm in the northeast (they're in Boston, right?)

I had a "serious error" like that about a month ago.  As a last resort I opened a ticket with XLN support and they eventually had me send a trace file to them.

No guarantee that your problem is exactly like mine, but I had already tried everything to fix it myself, no luck, including a clean install of all things XLN.  Except that I had missed a file in a not so obvious location...

So here is what fixed it for me, a suggestion given by the XLN tech rep:

I talked to one of our developers and he suggested that you try deleting all files with xln in the name from this folder:
C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess
(the ProgramData folder is by default hidden in Windows, so you may need to go into Windows Explorer menu Tools -> Folder Options... -> View tab and then enable the "View hidden files and folders" option)

Please try it and let me know how it goes.

2018/03/03 23:18:09
Cactus Music
I've had the updater stall out on me a few times. It could well be just a server bottleneck. 
It will tell me it needs to update, Update, then as you said hang up while verifying my installation. 
I just leave it for a while and it seems to come back. Hopefully this is all it is for you. I'm copy pasting Abacab's post just incase. 
2018/03/04 01:23:54
dwardzala
Thanks, I will give those two a try tomorrow morning.
2018/03/04 02:20:56
abacab
My full error message was "Sorry! A serious error occurred, try running the XLN Online Installer again. cLuaGGUIWindow proc caught exception: getSharedMemory Access is denied".

Running the host as administrator was one workaround that temporarily bypassed the issue.  This was not an issue with running the updater, but occurred anytime I launched an XLN product, either as standalone or as a plugin.

Because running it as admin bypassed the error it was looking like a permission issue of some sort.  But by deleting the file as described in the fix above it cleared the error for me.

Like I said earlier, this may not be the same error, as there are possibly numerous things that could go wrong, just passing along this info in case it helps somebody else...
2018/03/04 23:36:55
dwardzala
So an update - I launched the XLN installer after rebooting and it immediately went back to the same place (verifying installation).  I left it running and did something else for a couple of hours.  When I came back, it had updated whatever product needed updating and its working fine now.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account